Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CRAZY HAT IDEA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Aaron Hats said:
I know Johnnysan has offered a hat but I'd also like to offer up a hat and throw in a little travel journal to accompany the hat. No problem either way.

Aaron,

I'll defer to you on this one...the Cavanagh is a bit rough. A good cleaning would probably do wonders, but some might be reluctant to actually put it on their head! Something a bit fresher might survive longer and fetch a higher asking price upon retirement from its travels.

So...how do we get this ball rolling? I don't know anything about running a forum, so the technical stuff is beyond me. Is there a way that MK or someone could secure a thread so that we could post contact info without the rest of the world having access to it?

photobyalan

A-List Customer
I think gray would show better in photos.

Before the ball gets rolling...

Assuming the hat will be sold at the end of its travels, what will happen to to proceeds from the sale? Will they help pay for the Fedora Lounge operating costs or will they go to a charity? If a charity, which charity? There are a lot of deserving causes out there, but I think one should be chosen that represents the Lounge in spirit.

I'll cast a vote for Alzheimer's research.

Will a time limit be set on the journey? Who's going to get the hat in the end and be given the task of putting it up for auction (and publicizing the auction).

How will the hat get from place to place? I think it would be very cool, although maybe impractical, if the hat were never shipped by common carrier but worn or hand-carried to each stop and handed to the next member.

I think this is a great idea that could: a) provide visibility for the Lounge, for Aaron Hats (or whoever ends up donating the hat), and for hat wearing in general; and b) do something constructive. I'd just like to see some ground rules set up beforehand so there are no problems down the line.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
I'M IN....ball rolling....

photobyalan---GOOD IDEA on the hand delivered...i'd be willing to road trip

to Aaron...would you be willing then to meet at some diner on route 17...

that would be a week in between...but open to suggestions on any of the

logistics...

photobyalan

A-List Customer
Weegee, I can probably do better than Route 17. I'm originally from the Berkshires and get up there pretty frequently. At the very least I could meet you in Kingston, that's about halfway. We could probably have a nice conversation about photography while we're at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran