Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cream Rouge

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
not creme...

But I have excellent luck with Almay's touchpad blush...

http://www.almay.com/Pg/Main/CatPro...ush and Bronzer&prd=28597&osubnm=BlushBronzer

its like liquid in a sponge compact....yet is somehow easy to smooth yet get in the right place...I just use fingers with it...and put it over foundation but under powder, so if its too bright, that just takes care of it.

I would imagine cream rouge would be similar to using lipstick....blend blend blend...and its ok....

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
I've used burts bees cream rouge before, and I really liked it. It was my favorite, and it wasnt too expensive. The only thing I've found, however, was that you have to be careful or else it can be kinda streaky.

Miss Neecerie said:
But I have excellent luck with Almay's touchpad blush...

http://www.almay.com/Pg/Main/CatPro...ush and Bronzer&prd=28597&osubnm=BlushBronzer

its like liquid in a sponge compact....yet is somehow easy to smooth yet get in the right place...I just use fingers with it...and put it over foundation but under powder, so if its too bright, that just takes care of it.

I would imagine cream rouge would be similar to using lipstick....blend blend blend...and its ok....

Thanks for that info on the Almy. I have seen either CoverGirl or Maybelline have a little jar of mousse blush. I was tempted by that one day but couldn't choose a color.

I will have to look for the Burts Bees rouge. I have an eyeliner of theirs that I like.
Thanks for the tips!!

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
I use the cream rouge from Vermont Country store. It lasts forever!!
The one I have is pink and I have had it so long all the labeling info is worn off so I don't even know the name of the shade - I think it might be Cherry Blossom(?)

Has anyone tried the Tangee products they sell? I tried the lipstick. It looks bright orange in the tube, but is supposed to "transform" into the perfect shade. They also have a rouge that is supposed to also "transform" to the perfect shade.

I order all kinds of stuff from them and have always been happy with the quality.

Vanessa

One Too Many
I have a cream rouge that I use very sparingly, and I love it. I prefer using a sponge rather than fingertips, though, as I find it's more evenly applied. I usually use a mousse foundation and I find it goes on very nicely over.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Sounds like the liquid bronzer I bought last year, which is great if you are willing to live past the moment of panic as it goes on, because it looks REALLY dark, and then blend really well.

But it achieves a very soft natural glow I like a lot.

I use it over concealer with no foundation.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Cream has advantages over powder. It lasts longer and doesn't absorb into the foundation like powder does. Also your adding less powder overall, especially since it doesn't need to be touched up as often during the day.

Usually I will apply a cream that gets me 80% to my goal and add a little colored powder at the very end of the make-up if she needs it. You never know how far you need to take until the lips are on.

Keep in mind, a good lipstick can be used for cheek color.

Enjoy!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
How funny, MK. My grandma used to use her lipstick for blush color. She also had the cream rouge and I remember it going on really dark and not smearing in well. I always thought the lipstick idea was ingenious as a kid for the purpose of matching colors but as I grew into a teen I wondered if it'd clog up pores causing pimples.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
ITG said:
How funny, MK. My grandma used to use her lipstick for blush color. She also had the cream rouge and I remember it going on really dark and not smearing in well. I always thought the lipstick idea was ingenious as a kid for the purpose of matching colors but as I grew into a teen I wondered if it'd clog up pores causing pimples.
it would seem lipstick would have a differnt consistency than cream blush...I've been really tempted at times to by the blush as well. By the way MK, is that one of the things you ordered for me?
MK's awesome with makeup...funny that you mentioned kidnapping him Atomic...if nothing else, he gives great tips....my own make-up application has improved dramatically by some advice given by him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR