Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cushman Lineman boots - Made in Japan

Papa M

A-List Customer
These arrived earlier in the week. They are to replace my vintage (30 year old) Timberland boots. They are even better than my Red Wings so I thought I should share them with you!

cushboot1.jpg

cushboot8.jpg

Erik

One of the Regulars
Nice looking boots. They look more like what I think of as roofing boots with shop soles, as opposed to lineman boots, but nice looking boots none the less.

Papa M

A-List Customer
Erik said:
They look more like what I think of as roofing boots ......

I guess that's better than what my assistant at work said. She reckoned they look a little like orthopaedic boots. There goes her payrise for this year!

blethook

One of the Regulars
I like the look...

It's amazing what the Japanese can do replicating vintage american clothes and boots...down to the small details...

Papa M

A-List Customer
blethook said:
It's amazing what the Japanese can do replicating vintage american clothes and boots...down to the small details...

I was intrigued by Erik's reference to "Roofing Boots" and managed to find these which confirm his observation:

http://www.gemplers.com/product/161998/Thorogood-Shoes-Roofing-Boots

They are considerably less expensive than my Japanese Cushman boots, and I suspect nowhere near as fine quality. However they certainly have the same design.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Papa M said:
I was intrigued by Erik's reference to "Roofing Boots" and managed to find these which confirm his observation:

http://www.gemplers.com/product/161998/Thorogood-Shoes-Roofing-Boots

They are considerably less expensive than my Japanese Cushman boots, and I suspect nowhere near as fine quality. However they certainly have the same design.
I've been coveting the Cushmans for the longest time, but A) they don't come in my size and B) even if they did, I could never afford them!
But now these Thorogood boots are an amazing alternative!! Thanks for that link!

Papa M

A-List Customer
I must admit that those Thorogoods look very tempting, and compared to the Cushman price they look to be a bargain.

I hope you secure a pair and show us some photos when you get them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara