Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Aero Hybrid- Bootlegger/Halfbelt

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Hi Gang,

Just received my custom Aero and I'm interested in selling or trading. Workmanship, leather color, etc I love. But the fit is not what I wanted. To explain, I ordered a mix of the Bootlegger and Slim Halfbelt. The Bootlegger I knew had a more modern fit with large arm-holes whereas I *thought* the Slim Halfbelt had smaller arm-holes for a better fit. Leather is vintage brown horsehide which is a buttery brown which the flash on my camera doesn't do justice to... Its not stiff and un-pliable like the thick stuff but "fairly" soft with nice drape.

Anyway, the jacket is a solid 44" with waist for someone 36". Sleeves are about 35". For an idea, I'm 5"11 and wear a 16.5 shirt and 36" jeans. Attached are images and any other questions are welcome.

As for the price, the jacket was $790 with custom fees and I'd be excited to get $650 OR an interesting jacket in trade. New or slightly used (but not abused) Eastman or Aero A-1 (or dare I dream Goodwear...) for instance, in size 44".
2nro4sg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

miami

New in Town
is the jacket still available? email me at jmbrackins@hotmail. i am interesyed. thank you.

mimesis2nemesis

One of the Regulars
Hey, I just noticed this thread and loved the jacket inmediatly... cbrunt, could you tell me exactly what modifications did you ask when you bought it? This looks EXACTLY like the jacket I'm looking for and would love to try getting one with the exact same specs, but in my size. Thank you very much!

Edward

Bartender
I own both a 30s / Slim Halfbelt and a Bootlegger, both 42R. The Halfbelt is just a smidge neater in the waist. I had halfbelt, button-cuff style sleeves put on my Bootlegger. The biggest difference in terms of affecting fit that I can see are those pleats above the 'belt' area on the back of the halfbelt (not on the Bootlegger).

It looks to me that this jackets is basically a 30s Halfbelt with the front panels of a Bootlegger?

Edward

Bartender
They've done it before - this looks like one, and I know someone who has another that is just that. Drop Amanda a line; I don't see it being a problem for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou