Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Allen Edmonds "Chestnut" Spectator Wingtips

Top Hat

New in Town
Custom Allen Edmonds Spectator Wingtips

They took a bite out of my wallet (now $100 over the cost of the regular $305 Broadstreets) at $405. I'll post pictures when they arrive. I am curious to see the color - I really like the burnished chestnut that Zohar was able to get, but sadly, they no longer have that dye.

undertaker

Practically Family
Shear Luck

I bought my AE Broadstreet, brown/spectators, on ebay for around $150.00. It just happened they were a size 10.5 B and there wasn't a great deal of competition. I guess some times its good to have a long narrow foot:D .
I will try to post a Picture of them later.
Regards,
J.S.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Very nice indeed. Are they a full grain or corrected grain leather?

Matt Deckard said:
Be very careful about polishing them because if you get brown on the whit it is nearly impossible to get out.

That's one thing which puts me off getting a pair. But l do hope to get a pair one day.

Canadave

One Too Many
Cabinetman said:
Seeing this again this morning, I looked at mine and found that they could use some conditioning treatment. What is a good way to treat spectators? Can you oil, cream, gel, etc., the whole thing, brown AND white? Do you use two separate polishes and just apply very, very carefully? How about cleaning out the "decoration"?...

Just reviving this question. It wasn't really answered and I'm curious.

David

Lawman

One of the Regulars
New AE Spectators

Mates, I just spoke with my local AE outlet guy, and next month AE will be releasing a new two-color wingtip. Named the McClain, the shoe will come in two shades of frown. I have a scan that I am attempting to attach. If it does not go through, and if someone would like to see it, just shoot me an email at mark@jmpattorneys.com.

Mark

moustache

Practically Family
Yes!

Lawman said:
Mates, I just spoke with my local AE outlet guy, and next month AE will be releasing a new two-color wingtip. Named the McClain, the shoe will come in two shades of frown. I have a scan that I am attempting to attach. If it does not go through, and if someone would like to see it, just shoot me an email at mark@jmpattorneys.com.

Mark

Now this is something i look forward to with interest.I have a pair of the J & M broadstreets coming from "undertaker",but the AE's are my favourite brand.

Photos please!!!

JD

Top Hat

New in Town
New Allen Edmonds Spectators

When I ordered my custom specs, the clerk in the Chicago store showed me a photo of the new ones - dark brown leather with a linen vamp. Very nice!

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Top Hat said:
When I ordered my custom specs, the clerk in the Chicago store showed me a photo of the new ones - dark brown leather with a linen vamp. Very nice!

Zemke Fan posted this picture over in another thread:

AE-SP.jpg

moustache

Practically Family
Funny

Orgetorix said:
Zemke Fan posted this picture over in another thread:

AE-SP.jpg

Funny thing in that i have the AE fall catalog in my hands and it does not have the same photograph. Love those shoes however.
Very nice indeed!

JD

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I was wearing Allen Edmond's Daily then I lost weight and I think all my tripple E shoes became too wide. They tend to slide around my feet which is no longer comfortablel. I need some new pairs. I have a closet full and I think I am now a single e though I must get a fitting.

Alden makes fantastic shoes as well... You can track down the trunk show thread I posted a few years back where I got a pair of wingtios they had in stock which hadn't been sold since the 50's. Apparently they hadn't seen my foot shape in a while so the shoes had been on a shelf for 50 or so years just waiting for me.

They are in for a resole at the moment. I wore them like Tennis shoes.

Canvas and brown leather is something I need in my wardrobe. I don't have any fitting summer shoes at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn