Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Allen Edmonds "Chestnut" Spectator Wingtips

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
cookie said:
Please tell me why I did not buy the 11D AE brown B'streets the other day on eBay from the AE outlet store. They went to buy now for USD200. They are USD 305 + 110 for the brown ones - are they not to order? The site said they were slighty imperfect - what does that mean? Is this what made me a doubting Thomas? I could kick meself sideways!

I've only bid on regular auctions on Ebay, and the occasional Buy It Now...there's an AE Outlet store actually on EBay? How do I get to that? (If I put in Allen Edmonds, I get tons of stuff, but can you point me to an actual AE outlet store that's online? Or maybe I'm just "slow" and not sure what I'm seeing on the Ebay listings! :) )

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Flying Scotsman said:
I've only bid on regular auctions on Ebay, and the occasional Buy It Now...there's an AE Outlet store actually on EBay? How do I get to that? (If I put in Allen Edmonds, I get tons of stuff, but can you point me to an actual AE outlet store that's online? Or maybe I'm just "slow" and not sure what I'm seeing on the Ebay listings! :) )

see this

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/allenedmonds/

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Unusual gap

herringbonekid said:
Marc, here's another dream pair similar to those above...

combi02111.jpg

i don't think i've seen that unusual gap across the toe-bend area reproduced on a modern pair.

I think the real smoothly-dressed cop on Mulholland Falls had the black and white version.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Loakes Eccentric Range

Shooman

Any comment on these? I fit a Loake 10F like a glove but am wondering about leather issues as canvassed in your earlier explanatory post for the FLs

And these from Sargents:

Alfred Sargent Melly and George

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Am I making a spectaclator of my self?

These were made specially for Lefcourt by Stacy Adams in the mid-1940’s. Nice buckskin treament to vamp in the traditional way.

English Dolci brand co-respondent shoes c 1940s

Gatsby-esque

New in Town
Some thoughts from a haberdasher

Great shoes guys, I highly recommend AE spectators (or any other shoe) to anyone.

I have the black and white Broadstreets and a custom make-up brown and white slip-on. Beauties!!!

I must, however, protest wearing spectators with chinos/khakis. Casual cotton trousers are far better suited to a tailored casual (moccasin style) or a buc. Spectators need to have a nice wool slack or, better yet, linen.

the only problem with purchasing your first pair of spectators is the insatiable need to have every concievable, gentlemanly variant. By this, I do not mean Doc Martins or fuscia and brown.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
What do youse guys think of these?

1930-40s style specs
Click for larger view

and these Mezlan Tampicos

Moreschi two tone

I think these are Churchs

Pollock Peal Specs

Tramezza Two tones

cookie

I'll Lock Up
A couple of other specs from other forum shoe freaks

Cheaneys

The famous (now gone!) Tusczek brand - kinda voluptuous eh what?

Vass two tone

EG specs

Some of these are vintage models.

Forzieri two tone Viva L'Italia!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Forgive me for asking but....Are these shoes still being made?

I'm salivating here along with most of the other members here who have seen these photos.

Are these shoes still being made? If so WHERE? and HOW MUCH? Please...:) As they are just drop dead gorgeous.
#
I've seen a pair of Cheaney 'Correspondants' in canvas and leather spectator layout, and they are spectacular, but at £200, are just too rich for me...sadly.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Spectators new and old

The Albaladejos are - as are the Massaros.

The others are vintage and famous vintage firms that have gone to shoe heaven. I just see them on forum sites - they catch my attention -and I reproduce same for FLs greater edification.

Glad to see they are appreciated and enjoyed.

How many pairs of Oxfords etc have the zing of these babies?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes