Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom jacket from Alexander on it's way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I really like the sound of that jacket Fred. Very interested in seeing pics...lots of well thought out mods and I really dig that lining...can't wait to see it....

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I'm curious because I'm 9/16 of an inch from finalizing a jacket with Allen at Johnson Leather and that same Black Chromexel (shaved down a bit) is one of the two finalists along with black naked cowhide. I'm not that into how it "ages" quickly. If I do go Chromexel it's because I like the color. It's black, but it's also very very very dark brown and it has a kind of luminescence that subtly catches the eye.

FredS

One of the Regulars
Just a bit worried about whether my jacket will arrive in time or at all as I see they used Parcel Force, a subsidiary of Royal Mail. Just googled that company and boy...do they have a bad record. It's the worst parcel delivery service in the entire world apparently. Thousands of complaints about them. Not delivering, loosing the goods, damaging the goods, delivery arriving weeks too late ect. Now on top of that they had a glitch in the UK over the week-end at all of the countries airports so flights are a shambles. When I check the track&trace number I received I see that my parcel has been in "International Hub" since Friday and the status has remained "Forwarded for export" I leave for South Africa on Friday morning and wanted my jacket in time so I could take it with me.

Last edited:

FredS

One of the Regulars
They'll recover, won't they? :D

They both have no need to recover. I do tend to exaggerate a bit and I actually did not have so much contact with them as to tire them out. In fact half the time they were the one's who contacted me to get some details or information.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Just a bit worried about whether my jacket will arrive in time or at all as I see they used Parcel Force, a subsidiary of Royal Mail. Just googled that company and boy...do they have a bad record. It's the worst parcel delivery service in the entire world apparently. Thousands of complaints about them. Not delivering, loosing the goods, damaging the goods, delivery arriving weeks too late ect. Now on top of that they had a glitch in the UK over the week-end at all of the countries airports so flights are a shambles. When I check the track&trace number I received I see that my parcel has been in "International Hub" since Friday and the status has remained "Forwarded for export" I leave for South Africa on Friday morning and wanted my jacket in time so I could take it with me.

I expect it'll get there in plenty of time. It won't go anywhere until the weekend is over probably. Parcelforce aren't so bad, there are plenty worse. Reviews like that can be misleading because most people only write one when they have a bad experience.

For comparison stuff usually gets stuck in the international gateway from the US for a week at a time. You can track it for days and nothing moves. Then suddenly it turns up at your local depot.

wdw

One Too Many
Yeah Fred, don't worry about Parcelforce. I've used them loads and they've never lost anything yet. The worst by far UK courier is meant to be Yodel, who again I've had no problems with, so like Cape says, it's only the moaners who write.

Graemsay

Practically Family
Fred, when I lived in Delft it used to take about five days for a parcel to get there from the UK. If there aren't any problems, it should be through in time.

I think that Parcelforce would have to try very hard to damage a leather jacket. It's designed for motorcycle riding, which means it should be capable of taking an awful lot of abuse.

sshack

A-List Customer
Well now it's Horweens Black Chromexell Steer and the sample of that leather I received convinced me as I really liked it very much.

Did you find the black CXL steer sample from AL was different (better quality?) from your previous CXL sample?

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
FredS i like the sound of your custom design - sounds like a very classic bike jacket. I don't like the change pocket either. The lining looks really nice, please do post pics and keep us updated on how the Strome weight wears. Did AL do that lining for the flat charge on the website for a tartan lining or is it more expensive?

HD - You've mentioned quality rock music in two threads recently so I have to ask, do you lean more toward mid 80's thrash or the Modfather?

FredS

One of the Regulars
FredS i like the sound of your custom design - sounds like a very classic bike jacket. I don't like the change pocket either. The lining looks really nice, please do post pics and keep us updated on how the Strome weight wears. Did AL do that lining for the flat charge on the website for a tartan lining or is it more expensive?

Cost for the lining was Pounds 20 extra

HD - You've mentioned quality rock music in two threads recently so I have to ask, do you lean more toward mid 80's thrash or the Modfather?

HA..!! Neither really. I'm a couple generations before that stuff..but I do like certain tunes from artists in many genres...even in some that mostly I cannot generally really stand to listen to. Do enjoy good guitar,tho..and how some vocalists have bettered/matured into the best of themselves...if that makes sense.
HD

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Yeah Fred, don't worry about Parcelforce. I've used them loads and they've never lost anything yet. The worst by far UK courier is meant to be Yodel, who again I've had no problems with, so like Cape says, it's only the moaners who write.

Yodel are bad though. So bad they changed the name from Home Shopping but it didn't change the service. Hermes are rubbish too and they're mainly messengers of bloody Amazon not the gods. They dumped Yodel for them which tells you something. They use them as first choice because they're cheap, and where I live sub contractors deliver their packages in their own cars for pennies and at all hours.

A couple of months ago a friend got home to find a big package containing a washing machine stuck in his porch. He couldn't get to the door. It wasn't even his but the address was similar and about a mile away, and the people it was meant for were pensioners who didn't have a car. Amazon were useless and it stayed there for a couple of days until he got fed up, got the thing in the back of his car and delivered it himself. Then a week later Hermes turned up to pick it up and the bloke was a bit put out to find it was gone.

Last edited:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This is FredS's thread about a new jacket he's put a lot of time and effort into. It sounds amazing that a company will still custom make a jacket like this. So 'please' if you are going to the effort of making comments and remarks to a 'new' TFL member, make them welcoming and constructive and supportive. Otherwise don't bother please, it's not the school yard.
You ALL know the excitement of waiting for your new jacket and the doorbell to ring, okay...

PADDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy