Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom-made shoes

gallery

New in Town
I have a difficult foot to fit due to the high instep of my left foot. I can go into a shoe store and try on 18 pairs of shoes and not find a pair that fits my left foot comfortably. Also, quite often I'll find a pair that seem to fit ok, but after wearing them for a bit I find that they press uncomfortably on my instep. Accordingly, I'm thinking of going the custom-made route and I am currently looking for a pair of walking/casual shoes. I live near Toronto, but have come across only one establishment that makes custom-made shoes at a reasonable price (approx. $300). The name of the store is Nick's Custom Boots and I'd like to hear from any members who have dealt with them. Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone could direct me to any other custom shoe makers in the Toronto-area. I've come across several mail order operations that are highly rated (e.g. Russell Moccasin), but I want a B&M establishment so that they can measure me, as I am not confident that my wife and I can get the measurements right.

eightbore

Suspended
Russell will custom measure you, of course, and they aren't too far from you in the grand scheme of things. Given that this is a permanent issue and they keep your data on file for something like a decade, it might be worth a cheap flight. The flight plus three pairs of custom shoes will be cheaper in the long run than all the poor-fitting shoes you would buy otherwise.

JMHO,

eightbore

Mark George

New in Town
Loveless Shoes and Boots

Gallery,

Not close to you, but, Loveless in Oklahoma City makes beautiful custom shoes and boots, and have a selection of hides that won't quit. They specialize in hard to fit feet, and build custom orthotics into each pair. Their website is:
www.lovelessboots.com
The website includes only a fraction of the stuff they do. If you call, they will send an impressive catalog. 405-631-9731. I am considering having some balmoral boots made.

Mark

The Shooman

Practically Family
l have fussy feet too. There is NO substitute for custom footwear. My MTM's aren't pretty, but they sure fit good and feel good after a big day of walking.

Very unattractive bespoke in Australia. Nothing like the super finished/highly polished finishings of Lobb bespoke. Having a bespoke shoo that is 99% handmade ala Lobb is very rare in Australia. Our bespoke makers machine construct the bespoke shoos here. They can hand construct the shoos (very rare a client asks for that), but it will be double the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran