Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Pants Maker Recommendations

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

Hi. I have a pair of 50's pants I want made into a new pair of pants, and I'm looking for a recommendation for a custom pants maker to do them. I know about Luxire, but if possible I prefer to work directly with the pattern maker/tailor, not an intermediary. If someone can recommend a name, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I can recommend a very good trouser maker in NYC. He deals primarily with custom tailors but he will take work from 'civilians'. He does CMT work only; meaninig his clients supply the fabric and the pattern or a pair of trousers to copy. He's a very good copyist. IIRC his CMT fee was running just north of $100 but that was a few years ago. I wouldn't feel right about posting his contact info on the interweb so if you're interested just PM me.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Just saw BK's post. My guy does not do fittings or consultations. If you need that you should, as BK says, find somebody local.

D

Deleted member 16736

I don't need a fitting/consultation. Just a pair of pants copied. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff