Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customized A2

Murray Kerr

New in Town
I just purchased an A2 from US authentic. The quality of the horse hide was fantastic, but the cut wasn't great. I ordered a size 36, and what I got was pretty bulky. So I took it to a local leather tailor (I'm in Nepal) and had it taken apart and cut down for size and 're assembled. I also changed the color of the knits to russet to exactly mimic an original A2. How's it looking?
received_10154657915667136.jpeg

seres

A-List Customer
It seems to fit you well. The cuffs do seem a little long, but they also seem to be pulled a little low on your hands. In use, they will probably wrinkle up and tunnel into the sleeves and look pretty good.

Murray Kerr

New in Town
It seems to fit you well. The cuffs do seem a little long, but they also seem to be pulled a little low on your hands. In use, they will probably wrinkle up and tunnel into the sleeves and look pretty good.
Actually I was a little disappointed that the tailor had cut the arms so short, but asides from that I'm pleased :)

kasa7

Familiar Face
I've one too from AS Authentic (Size 42R). In a few months the fit and jacket will be better.

stevepow

New in Town
Agreed, the sleeves should have a seem where they attach to the body (check the US A web site photos, or any A2). And it's hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like the side seems may be missing as well. Shame.

I have a US A also and the leather looks like that; heavy, matte finish, and rich. My sleeves would probably be considered a touch long and the knit tunnels a bit, but when I extend my arms driving, the sleeves don't ride up too far, which is what I prefer. It's a very nice jacket and a great Made in USA value. They do run large. I had to get a 38 and I'd normally wear a 40 suit and a 42 in an Aero A2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran