Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customs/duty question Re: Orders from Magnoli Clothiers in N.Z.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
NO

No, the answer is no, I just received my jacket (quite a lovely jacket it is too) w/o duty of any sort charged. So, if anyone else was wondering, that answer is; no.

James Miller

One of the Regulars
NO NO TOO WHAT!

Rick Blaine said:
No, the answer is no, I just received my jacket (quite a lovely jacket it is too) w/o duty of any sort charged. So, if anyone else was wondering, that answer is; no.

Are you saying no to Shipping being high or no the jacket. I would like to get one of there jacket custom made. I have already emailed them about the price of the jacket but I forgot to ask about shipping/ duties. Please more info. I live in the USA I'm not sure were your at. Please let us know.

bobjones

A-List Customer
James Miller said:
Are you saying no to Shipping being high or no the jacket. I would like to get one of there jacket custom made. I have already emailed them about the price of the jacket but I forgot to ask about shipping/ duties. Please more info. I live in the USA I'm not sure were your at. Please let us know.

My Aero, assuming I live long enough to get it out of customs who has held it for days now, will cost me about $56 in duty fees. I am in NYC.

Don't you love how the government taxes the sh-t out of us?

James Miller

One of the Regulars
MR. JONES

bobjones said:
My Aero, assuming I live long enough to get it out of customs who has held it for days now, will cost me about $56 in duty fees. I am in NYC.

Don't you love how the government taxes the sh-t out of us?

I was wondering if you went through Mark Moye The US rep. For Areo Leather. I got one in December and had no problems. I ordered the jacket October 18th and received it December a couple days before Christmas.

I'm Hope to order another one in June. Let me know the story on yours. Thanks.

bobjones

A-List Customer
James Miller said:
I was wondering if you went through Mark Moye The US rep. For Areo Leather. I got one in December and had no problems. I ordered the jacket October 18th and received it December a couple days before Christmas.

I'm Hope to order another one in June. Let me know the story on yours. Thanks.

Good morning. Because my initial call for the jacket went into Scotland about ordering a jacket, Mark suggested that I continue to work with Will and his team in Galashiels to keep too many hands from going in the chili pot.

Even still, Mark said if I had any questions I could call him, and he is about as nice and helpful a person as one can find. I am a commissioned salesman too, and understand how even though Mark wasn't getting paid on my sale, he was still willing to help me with some questions I felt more comfortable asking him than going to the factory with. I might add I think he sleeps with his blackberry, because he sometimes seems to answer emails at odd hours within minutes of my question.

My guess though is that since you are in the South, ordering through Mark makes logistical sense, since he is near you, but since I am in NYC, it would be faster to deal directly with Scotland since the packages are shipped direct to NY's JFK airport, and then re-rerouted throughout the country. So it wouldn't make sense to have it sent all the way to NC, and then back up here.

That being said, I read here that Mark covers the import duties, but if you're up North, when you're plunking down almost $900 for a jacket, saving $60 and adding another few weeks just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...[huh]

I would say James you're a lot wiser than me if you plan to order it in the summer, since it takes about 8-9 weeks to get it, this will get it in your hands at about the time the weather is starting to cool off.

I hope to have the jacket in hand today (Saturday), so I will keep you all posted - now where did I put that camera....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925