Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
I've been looking for new shoes, and I've looked a few places and they are readily available for my shopping needs :) I thought I'd HAVE to buy some from remixvintageshoes.com , but not anymore (unless I want the wingtips)...

Where I saw the peep toe and round shoes (even saddle oxford shoes at payless!):

dillards.com
payless.com
macys.com
And I think I also saw them on sears.com

they look so 40s! They also call the peeptoes "open toes" and "peekaboo toes"

I just cannot contain my excitement :D And I can't wait until I get paid again...

Brooksie

One Too Many
Today I just bought a really cute pair of the round toe baby doll heels, the heel is only a couple inches high and they were on sale for $19.99. I got them from Fred Meyers, I would post a picture but I have not been able to post pictures on line for some reason.

Brooksie

texasgirl

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Where, oh where have all the navy shoes gone?
[huh]

LD

Navy leather is hard to match to navy/blue clothes. I used to sell shoes, and we never had a lot to pick from. When we did, they didn't sell because there were so many variations of blue. Women would bring in a navy suit and we'd line up all the navy pumps and sometimes none of them would look right. I like brown with navy, or maybe red to kick it up!

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Dancestore.com

Snookie said:
I got an email today from dancestore.com and they have some new vintage repro shoes available. $59.95 each.

1930's Velvet Oxford available in Black and Light Camel
http://www.dancestore.com/1aaoxford.html

1940's Peep-Toe Mesh Oxford available in White
http://www.dancestore.com/1aamesh.html

Hello Snookie,

I got an e-mail some days ago. And I ordered the 1930s Velvet Oxfords in black right away. I hope they will arrive soon, can't wait!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Thanks for the link to navy shoes.

I remember an aunt of mine looking for navy shoes for years. Like easily 12 years. It was her life quest!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Dottie said:
Thanks for the link to navy shoes.

I remember an aunt of mine looking for navy shoes for years. Like easily 12 years. It was her life quest!

I think Im part of her club lol
MoNSS

Mission of Navy Shoe Searches

LD

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Oh, I like that style. I can't stand synthetic shoes, though, which basically means I have to buy fewer shoes. :)

It irks me, though. These days even synthetic shoes can cost $50 a pair.

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
I don't understand why navy isn't more commonly available, but Texasgirl's response makes a lot of sense. Black is black, and brown is more forgiving.

Perhaps people don't think they can wear navy with anything but an exactly matching navy outfit?

I think another versatile color for shoes is a nice beige/neutral shade, especially for warmer months. (I hate white shoes!) Again, though, it's hard to find a nice style in that color.

My mother has been on a quest for the perfect pair of navy shoes for years, but all she's come up with are navy shoes with contrast topstitching, which, of course, she hates.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's like hair textures, we want what we don't have, and don't want what we do have. I have oh I think 6 pairs of navy shoes, in several sizes, more if I really look. what I can't find is a pair of black spikes. Plain. 1950s. not patent, not suede. for under 8 bucks of course. or I'd pay even more IF I could find em. Sad to think of all the dresses going unworn in my closets because I don't have the exact shoes...Well, I do have some somewhere I wore em in college. Time to shop in my closet, attic, basement, back porch, bedrooms etc etc.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Not navy,but thought these were adorable when I saw them at Payless.A little too wide for me unfortunately.They also come in bone,which I didn't see available at the store.

050291_beauty.gif

050291_thumbsq.gif

Nashoba

One Too Many
They have a pair of super cute peep toe ones that are similar to that and I think they're on sale....i think I want shoes for christmas this year. you can never have enough shoes....

marquise

Familiar Face
... Lately, I've gotten pretty obsessed with Seychelles' shoe line, which are reletively decent-priced and SO 20s-40s inspired.

Such cuteness--:
DAYSGON9SL1.jpg

POWERSO9SLIVRY.jpg

... I wear these in black as my everyday shoes; they're so comfy.

LUX----9SVBRZ.jpg

... And bought these also, to go with a few '30s gowns. Quite possibly my favorite pair of modern shoes.

Lots more on the wishlist:
BITEYOU9SL1.jpg

DAMSELI9SA1.jpg

BOMBSHE9SS1.jpg

LUCKBEA9SF1.jpg

FILTHYR9SL1.jpg

LIMITED9SA1.jpg

... And the absolute BEST boots in history, says me-- perfect copies of '30s sport/riding boots:

TALLYHO9SL1.jpg

Mmm!
http://www.seychellesfootwear.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn