Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Puzzicato

One Too Many
My feet are average width - I have these and these in that case I'd order a size up (as the slingbacks have buckles). I also have the boulevard that I love, but they they do run narrow.

Those are lovely!

Puzzicato I have wide feed and have 3 pairs of the remix wedge and have not problems but I found a pair of heels on ebay for cheaper and bought them in the same size as my wedge shoes and they are way too narrow. I think you would be ok with the wedge pair.

I have two pairs of the pleated toe 40's Wedge and they are my favorite dancing shoes.http://remixvintageshoes.com/pleatedtoesandal.html
The pair that I bought this winter on ebay were the Kates. Way too narrow for wide feet but I have not yet tried to have them stretched. http://remixvintageshoes.com/40shighheels.html

Oh thank you! Mind you, my bank balance would have preferred you saying "Oh no, with wide feet you can NEVER have those wedges"

My shoe stretching spray is one of my favourite things.

crwritt

One Too Many
I just noticed these from LL Bean Signature line. Not sure i'd pay $100 on sale though.
270181_35879_42
270182_35880_42

Miss sofia

One Too Many
OOh yes thanks for that Puzzicato, i know Miss Golightly is rather fond of LK Bennett. I think they are rather lovely too. I'm a sucker for a big bow on a pair of shoes...or anywhere for that matter!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
OOh yes thanks for that Puzzicato, i know Miss Golightly is rather fond of LK Bennett. I think they are rather lovely too. I'm a sucker for a big bow on a pair of shoes...or anywhere for that matter!

You know me so well Miss Sofia! I just LOVE LK Bennett shoes and if they come with a bow all the better! I saw a fabulous pair of Badgley Mischka shoes in NY that I fell in love with - black satin with this lovely bow corsage at the toe - sadly they didn't have my size *sniff* but I got another pair that I loved also so happy days - I've posted pics of some of the items I got in NY in the other thread.....

Miss sofia

One Too Many
He he it's only because i had a LK shoe addiction many years ago, before child, i used to have to pass the shop in Covent Garden on my way to the office, my wallet ended up screaming every time i crossed the threshold!

Yes i have admired the other tiems, the dresses and scarves are to die for, let alone the lovely shoes...

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Fortunately the only pair of LK Bennett shoes I ever tried on were SO uncomfortable I didn't develop the habit. I spent 4 years walking past the Covent Garden store at least once a day; it could have been financially devastating!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Lucky you!! It was financially devastating for me at the time, but hey my feet looked good and i had nice flatmates who used to feed me scraps so i didn't starve! Those were the days!

Isis

One of the Regulars
I just got these from Dance store:
2829-BK-black-mesh-heeled-swing-shoes.jpg

1940's peep-toed mesh oxfords. I need to re-sole them as I plan to do more than dance in them, but they are very comfortable and I'm very pleased with them!

klara

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies! Just thought that I should let you know that amazon.co.uk are selling miss l fire for about £10-15 cheaper then anywhere I've seen. They also have a campaign rigth now where you get 20% off. I just bought the amazing Tropicana heels for around £30 cheaper, then If I should have ordered them directly from Miss L Fire. Happy shopping!

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I'm truly pleased at the moment as I have found rubber boots that are reproductions from a model from 1939. Spiffy, yes?
5887-g.jpg

The brand is called Viking and I bought them from Brandos, a Swedish company

SO sad the site has no English translation! I want those boots!

I have this pair in the ivory with a blue saddle. They are incredibly comfortable, even for all-day wear. The upper is man made in China and there was an issue of odor - sort of a chemical smell - when I took them out of the box. The store display had no smell, so I was hopeful that if I left them out of the box the odor would go away after a couple of days, and it did. I normally wear a 6.5 US, and the 37 fit me perfectly.

I've had to go outside my usual zone of what I buy- usually only man made- thanks to my foot, and I got those shoes in black/beige. Unfortunately, while they fit my left foot they just *kill* my right (troublesome) foot. So back to the searching, and probably buying leather instead of mostly man made. So I can walk!

When I buy a pair of shoes I always spray them with raingard protector, whether they're leather or canvas. A shoe store lady told me this helps keep any material clean.
5099831628366.jpg

Great idea. I live in Portland... that stuff will come in handy.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Miss Moonlight, perhaps I can help you purchase the boots? PM me!

Din sko
has some cute gingham shoes on sale:

400_400

So Bardot! (I bought them of course)

400_400

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner