Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

CherryBombRock

Familiar Face
I wish we had Zappos in the UK - some of those are so beautiful! I'm really loving T-Bars at the moment!
Has anyone got any links for good dancing shoes (preferably in the UK and affordable). I'm learning at the moment but I think it may be better to learn in shoes that I would actually wear out! The last dance I went to I had to take my shoes off and was slipping and sliding around in my stockings! No higher than 2 inches tho and pretty!

Rosie

One Too Many
Oh Daisy, those are RIDICULOUSLY cute! I'm gonna be late for work because I'm looking at shoes. How terrible is that?

I cam across these:

054542_beauty.gif

at Payless!

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
I decided to check out BabyGirl Boutique for they have cute repro clothes and shoes, and I thought looking at the spring line-up might warm me up a bit. All it really did was make me sad, for now I'm really anxious for the warmth and sunshine of spring.

Anyway, I came across these very cute peep toe slingbacks. They are on sale, they come in either red or black, and IMO they are super cute. Unfortunately, my face would probably make contact with the pavement more than my feet, for I can't walk in high heels. But, I thought some of you ladies out there might want to see them:) The red would be perfect for your valentine's dates. This shop has quite a few pairs of great vintagey shoes, and I find there prices to be quite reasonable, in comparison to some other locales.

Happy Shopping:)
Daisy

I absolutely love these shoes, but the babygirl boutique has only a size 6! :( However, if one is willing to pony up $25 more, zappos has them in the full range of sizes and colors (there are a lot!) including leopard (company is Two Lips, shoe name is Sayah).

3832-361991-d.jpg

I am as of yet unwilling to spend that much--for red shoes, I really gotta see the color first, there's such a variety of shades, and I am particular about my reds.
Having said that, I *adore* these too (also from Two Lips, shoe name Syna):

4998-361987-d.jpg

$90 though....

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I think they might be the perfect shoes. I just wish I'd be able to walk in them!!
I thought that if I practiced walking in the apartment in my really high heels, I would become accustomed to them. I thought, the more I wear them the more comfortable I'll become. Yeah, that didn't work. I just ended up with really swollen feet! But that's what happens when girls with rheumatoid arthritis try to walk in high heels. I do so wish that I could wear higher than 2 inch heels. Especially since I'm only 5 feet tall.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CherryBombRock said:
I wish we had Zappos in the UK - some of those are so beautiful! I'm really loving T-Bars at the moment!
Has anyone got any links for good dancing shoes (preferably in the UK and affordable). I'm learning at the moment but I think it may be better to learn in shoes that I would actually wear out! The last dance I went to I had to take my shoes off and was slipping and sliding around in my stockings! No higher than 2 inches tho and pretty!

I've bought a few pairs of dance shoes from Dance Shoes Online
I can't tell if they ship to the UK, but check and see.
I actually like dance shoes, and wear them as my regular shoes. They have great vintagey style, and you can customize your heel height. So, it is possible to find a great pair of peep toes that don't have a 4 inch heel.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I think they might be the perfect shoes. I just wish I'd be able to walk in them!!
I thought that if I practiced walking in the apartment in my really high heels, I would become accustomed to them. I thought, the more I wear them the more comfortable I'll become. Yeah, that didn't work. I just ended up with really swollen feet! But that's what happens when girls with rheumatoid arthritis try to walk in high heels. I do so wish that I could wear higher than 2 inch heels. Especially since I'm only 5 feet tall.

Have you tried many platform shoe styles? With that style you can get the height (sometimes a lot of height), but because your foot isn't angled so severely, they tend to be much more comfortable. I also swear by gel inserts--when I broke my toe a couple of weeks ago they made wearing shoes bearable :)

Luckily, there are some cute wedge styles out there right now. I adore my Remix wedges as they so comfortable for dancing and anytime I will be doing a lot of walking; I've gotten a lot of wear out of them :)

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
Darn, I've been eyeing those red platforms for weeks and putting off buying them, now they don't have them in my size! I hope they restock.
Found them for less than zappos, but slightly more than babygirl boutique at Amazon.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Yes, those are very cute! I posted one or two of those at full price a while back in some other thread, but on sale they are even better.

I just happened to order the Hugo's (wide heel oxfords) recently. Can't wait to get them since I hate all of my work shoes at the moment.

Anyway, with any luck Naturalizer is monitoring us and will keep on making retro shoes in my size since 10 1/2 c isn't exactly common in vintage.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Do Naturalizer shoes fit your regular shoe size? I have just ordered a pair of the black ones posted above (but in leather as they didn't have the velvet in my size) in a 10M. Dunno if I am M as have never ordered any width of shoe before but I am a 10 in US sizing. Plus there were no other options for 10. I don't think my feet are particularly wide or narrow so I would have gone for M anyway. I also have to have them shipped to a friend in California as they don't ship abroad, but for those prices, I don't mind a long wait. Just hope they fit!

texasgirl

One Too Many
I buy Naturalizers all the time and I think they run very true to size. M width is normal- so you should be fine. Hope they work out!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Åh darn it. My order was cancelled, even though I filled out the billing address like they said I bet it clashed with the info provided automatically by my credit card.

They said that because it wouldn't allow me to fill in a foreign address I had to put my address into the first two lines with the US shipping city, state and zip in the bottom. But that I might need to get the shipping address added onto my actual card information. Which I doubt I can actually do, or if I could, I'd probably have to go into the bank.

No Naturalizer shoes for me! I'm so disappointed! So pretty and so cheap. :cry:

Kim_B

Practically Family
Fleur, could you have a friend order them for you and then pay them back? At such a bargain, I'd hate for any one not to get cute shoes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters