Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh crumbs. My bad.

But do we really need another shoe thread, when there is a mother thread on vintage shoes already very active?

LD

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fortworthgal said:
Looks like Target has a full line of vintagey shoes again this season. All reasonably priced, too (most under $25):

Mossimo Piper Cork Wedge, black or brown - $24.99
B000BD7QP8.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg
These are officially classic shoes, as I purchased them last Spring at their pre-season sale! Brown actually looks much better than black, which I never thought I would say. I have the brown and tried on and have seen the black on another girl, so I recommend the brown. Better to try them on. They run large at least in the small sizes: I have small feet but the 5 is a little loose on me.
Too cute! Many good comments received. Another trip to Target is planned, thanks, gals!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Actually....if you log back in when you get presented with the 'nothing' page...it will take you to the thread that Lady Day intended.

It's just an odd browswer link that sometimes doesn't keep your login across windows.

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Yeah, but they are all brands like Clarks, Donald J Pliner and Stuart Weitzman, brands my mother wears....modern shoes I like to buy the ones that are still made like vintage shoes, handmade, I find these wear better. Brands like Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy choo and Gucci still run narrow and are extreamly well made...the only time I wear modern shoes is with modern clothing. I don't think I could wear reproduction shoes with one of my vintage dresses....just dosn't seem kosher to me...

On the subject of beautiful shoes, here is a nice pair

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...000cat000141cat13030734cat13030764cat13030777

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
NicolettaRose said:
Yeah, but they are all brands like Clarks, Donald J Pliner and Stuart Weitzman, brands my mother wears....modern shoes I like to buy the ones that are still made like vintage shoes, handmade, I find these wear better. Brands like Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy choo and Gucci still run narrow and are extreamly well made...the only time I wear modern shoes is with modern clothing. I don't think I could wear reproduction shoes with one of my vintage dresses....just dosn't seem kosher to me...

On the subject of beautiful shoes, here is a nice pair

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...000cat000141cat13030734cat13030764cat13030777

Well for handmade shoes...one would think that they could just make you exactly what you want....for that price they should....

BegintheBeguine

No more vintage shoes on the East Coast

There are so many cute new shoes around I have actually ventured into retail stores. That, and the fact that there are no vintage shoes in any style or size or gender to be found in any thrift stores and I have just returned from a cross-country trip!! I also couldn't find any in any antique shows or shops and these 3 places have always been treasure troves for me. (See the how many shoes thread ;) ) I managed to arrive home last week with 2 bags of new adorable shoes and I was being frugal, putting several cute vintage-y reasonably-priced ones back on the racks. I saw some narrow shoes. I also saw many many too cute shoes in larger sizes.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
**threads Merged**

Merged the Saddle Shoe thread to the larger vintage shoe thread. Have a question about a particular shoe, ask it here.

LD

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
NicolettaRose said:
I wish! Hardly anyone in my area makes shoes any longer, trust me I have inquired around.

For the right price, anything can be done.

For those who have hard-to-fit feet, reproduction is often the best way to go. It's not blasphemy to mix eras or not dress in 100 percent vintage; sometimes it is impractical to do so, and those who value their collections generally prefer to wear out a modern pair of shoes as opposed to an irreplaceable vintage pair.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Another shoe site

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the site or anyone who works there, nor do I receive any benefit from this link.

www.endless.com

As a "special limited time promotion", they are currently offering free overnight shipping and $5 off. They have really cute and retro-passable shoes starting at $20 on sale. You just can't beat that.

Repeating again though, I have not yet purchased from this site, just passing the info along.

Daisy Buchanan

What a great site, thanks for the link.

Only thing is, they have a lot of shoes to weed through. 1269 in pumps alone. If anyone has come across any specific shoes on this site with a vintage-y look to them, would you please post links. It would make shopping there a lot easier. Thanks:)

Shearer

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
What a great site, thanks for the link.

Only thing is, they have a lot of shoes to weed through. 1269 in pumps alone. If anyone has come across any specific shoes on this site with a vintage-y look to them, would you please post links. It would make shopping there a lot easier. Thanks:)

These are cute, Daisy. I'm a sucker for shoes with a cute buckle.

I just did a quick search on Naturalizer since some ladies were talking about them in the other thread. No kidding about wading through all those shoes, but what a fun time killer ;)

Daisy Buchanan

Shearer said:
These are cute, Daisy. I'm a sucker for shoes with a cute buckle.

I just did a quick search on Naturalizer since some ladies were talking about them in the other thread. No kidding about wading through all those shoes, but what a fun time killer ;)

Those are cute! Thanks:) I guess I'll just have to try to search by brands that I like. It would take an entire day to look through all of the pairs they offer.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I did a search in Women's Sale shoes for Pumps, Naturalizer, and once I clicked into a shoe (a green loafer styled heel), a scrolling bar showed up at the top with all 70-some of the search result shoes in it. Quick way to scroll through all of the shoes. There are a couple of cute vintagey styled shoes in the sale shoes for under $20! Holy cow!

Shearer

Practically Family
I did some more poking around. The shoes on that site really are... Endless.

Steve Madden has a ton of vintage-y shoes. Platforms, peep toes...

Exchange by Charles David.

John Fluevog always has really interesting shoes. There are a couple Victorian/Edwardian boots of his that are oh so pretty. His Bacall pump. (you know, if you have $200 to drop)

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
A very satisfied Muffy's customer here -- their shoes are priceyish, but they're *extremely* well made. I got a pair of their brown-and-whites a couple years ago and have worn them regularly -- they break in nicely and the soles wear and wear and wear...

muffys.com (I think Lizzie or JitterBug suggested this site) has great saddles, very cute. Payless had some a while back if you don't want to spend a lot on them.

- The Gospel According to Shug

I just ordered a pair from muffy this pm. I have been looking for some brown & whites to wear with those queenofheartz dungarees we were discussing in another thread. I was inspired by a tiny color pic in a 1943 McCalls mag I have, of a mother & daughter in dungarees and their brown & white saddles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou