Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Shearer

Practically Family
Mysterious Provenance

2271640181_2952b52b89.jpg

I bought these shoes at a DSW in NY and for the life of me can't find any info about the maker!

The label and box both said Crown Vintage. Ebay comes up dry. When I try to Google it, I get a link with other confused people talking about how they can't find the origins of this shoe, either [huh]

Has anyone here bought this type of shoe at another store, or perhaps know if this brand is an off-shoot of another brand or designer?

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
You got me...

I've seen the line at DSW myself and have tried to find more styles and availability at other locations and can't find a darn thing. Like you, all I found was chatter from people unable to find more info. If you find anything, let us know.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Moodle said:
I have ones almost identical to those (t-strap, but the front looks exactly the same), and I love them. I haven't worn them for an extended session because it's still too cold, but my impression of them so far (having worn them out to dinner a few times, and around my house for stretches of "oooh, preeeetty!") is that while the material over the toes will need a little breaking in, they're *ridiculously* comfortable. I'd go up at least half a size if/when you get them--the sole is very padded (hence the comfort), and it tends to bulk up the shoe a little. I usually wear an 8.5, and a 9 fits me perfectly.
Thanks for the info. I wear an 8.5 too so I will get a pair in 9.

pixie

Familiar Face
Shearer said:
2271640181_2952b52b89.jpg

I bought these shoes at a DSW in NY and for the life of me can't find any info about the maker!

The label and box both said Crown Vintage. Ebay comes up dry. When I try to Google it, I get a link with other confused people talking about how they can't find the origins of this shoe, either [huh]

Has anyone here bought this type of shoe at another store, or perhaps know if this brand is an off-shoot of another brand or designer?

Just send a ? to the DSW head office or website and they should be able to tell you.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
That's a tough choice, but I vote for the brown suede pair. Too cute!

I'm lusting after these (from vintagelaundry.com):

BHON05MLECAM_L.jpg

They come in several colors, too.

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I think it's funny that the top things that have come up in my search for Crown Vintage shoes that is even closely related to the category of shoes is Reidell Roller Skates and Jasmine Sola stores.

Man, even a year ago people were having a hard time finding these shoes anywhere but DSW. And DSW doesn't even have them up on a website!!

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
BonnieJean said:
While these are not dressy shoes, I thought they would be good for casual wear.
keds_saddle_shoes.jpg

http://www.shoebuy.com/keds-school-days-leather/138937

I already own a pair of plain leather oxfords, but I stumbled upon these today and thought they looked vintage-y, and comfortable. Plus the price was right too!
Has anyone bought these before?

I wore them once when I was a cheerleader in 4th grade.... They're alright. Comfy.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Moodle said:
I have ones almost identical to those (t-strap, but the front looks exactly the same), and I love them. I haven't worn them for an extended session because it's still too cold, but my impression of them so far (having worn them out to dinner a few times, and around my house for stretches of "oooh, preeeetty!") is that while the material over the toes will need a little breaking in, they're *ridiculously* comfortable. I'd go up at least half a size if/when you get them--the sole is very padded (hence the comfort), and it tends to bulk up the shoe a little. I usually wear an 8.5, and a 9 fits me perfectly.

These are lovely. Moodle, where did you buy your pair from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters