Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Anyone here familiar with Spring Step shoes? I saw some at DSW yesterday and their styling is cute and 40s-ish. I just want them to be a little better. The wedge material on most of them is kindof cheesy.

sprin119289_44779_lg.jpg

sprin197818_54995_lg.jpg

sprin119313_44779_lg.jpg

sprin119317_44657_lg.jpg

sprin154484_44779_lg.jpg

5007-409019-d.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Smuterella said:
I really wish 40's-ish shoes were a bit, well, sexier. flats I can cope with and slightly higher heels and wedges. but these look like postural / medical shoes to me.

Yeah, they're all pretty orthopedic looking. To me, it's partially the material that the wedge is made of, partially the low height of the wedge, and in part that shape of the vamp. Even the Remix shoes with that style vamp look orthopedic to me.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I have that bottom Spring Step -- it's called the "Gail," and has been around for years. Very well built shoe, except for one thing -- the cutout for the peep toe is rather rough inside, and it really chafes my toes when I walk for any distance in them. I've tried lining the toe area with moleskin, but it's still not as comfortable as it should be.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Not sure if these have been posted yet or not, but Payless has a lot of cute espadrilles for summer! They are also running their "BOGO" (Buy One, Get One half price) right now.

"Yacht" espadrille - $19.99:
062660_thumb.gif

062659_thumb.gif

062658_thumb.gif

"Romance" espadrille - $19.99:
061674_thumb.gif

061675_thumb.gif

"Rossi" espadrille - $17.99:
061668_thumb.gif

"Hanson" peep toe wedge - $19.99:
061967_thumb.gif

American Eagle "Kimber" Mary Jane pump - $19.99:
058758_thumb.gif

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Those are very cute, cherry lips!

I picked these up at lunch today at Target - on sale for $16. I figure they'll go great with the dress I'm wearing in my avatar, for summer.

41S%2BIfuc4HL._SS260_.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I'm going to pick up a pair of these from Target. They are canvas with a 2" heel. They also have them in black. I need a pair of white shoes and adore finding something cute at Target that is inexpensive!

41KyeE3WArL._SS384_.jpg

Hannahlmatt

New in Town
This is my first post on the forum! Yay!!

I really like the "Hanson peep toe" shoes that fortworthgal had in her post. I wear 12-13 in women's, so it's really hard to find shoes! I was surprised that Payless actually had them in my size!!
Hannah:)

Smuterella

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Yeah, they're all pretty orthopedic looking. To me, it's partially the material that the wedge is made of, partially the low height of the wedge, and in part that shape of the vamp. Even the Remix shoes with that style vamp look orthopedic to me.

I'm so pleased its not just me!

Smuterella

One Too Many
Sunny said:
I totally fell for these in green and white:

164550_1_alv.jpg

Description: As much a conversation piece as it is a truly unique addition to your wardrobe, the Retro from Keds is a vintage style with a fun, eclectic look that's sure to turn heads this season. Inspired by the 1950s Kedette collection, this classic peep-toe wedge features a sturdy canvas upper with contrast trim to catch the eye and lace-up detailing that pulls together its distinctive look. Quilted cotton lining ensures a comfortable stride, while the rubber outsole provides a steady step.

They just arrived last night and I am THRILLED! I honestly can't tell that the shape or last or design or anything but the fabrics and colors have been updated. They could honestly have come straight out of a vintage catalog! The peeptoe is a perfect shape, the vamp is nice and high and narrow (very vintage and not modern!) for security with the lacing just right, and particularly the heel back is high and curved to keep it on. The wedge, too, is a perfect height, about 2-2 1/2" because of the platform. It's not the typical 3" wedge, IMO too high for a casual shoe, and it's not less than 2", which although comfortable and practical, look like 1970s granny-style wedges. The quilted sole is nice and comfy. They just feel splendid on, secure and comfortable and classy and practical all at once. Also, the plaid wedge seemed to "disappear" visually, leaving the slim white upper floating above the ground. Although I love wedges because they're vintage, I still don't like the blocky, solid look many have. These don't have that. I'm in love! If/when the price goes down, I'm going to get the navy ones, too! I'm just about a perfect 9 medium and these were great. My toes were in the perfect place, peeping nicely but not hanging over the end when I walk nor feeling too short. They just might be snug on a wide foot, because of the relative narrowness of the vamp, but they're by no means narrow themselves.

OK, I am ordering these now, I bought two dresses yesterday which both need these shoes

Sunny

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
OK, I am ordering these now, I bought two dresses yesterday which both need these shoes
*chortle* You'll love 'em! I'm wearing mine all the time and scheming for money to get the navy-and-white ones as well.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
We discussed these before, but I just got a pair for my birthday!

164550_1_alv.jpg

They are so cute! And comfy! A girlfriend just told me they looked as if they belonged on an about-to-tennis Carole Lombard :D

Why have I only just seen these... They're gorgeous! Just checked out the website - Do I get them in green/white or navy??
One question, what's the sizing like?

Sunny

One Too Many
Aurora said:
Why have I only just seen these... They're gorgeous! Just checked out the website - Do I get them in green/white or navy??
Perfect, as far as I can tell. ;)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Aurora said:

I ordered them in an 8 (my regular size) and they were too long. I exchanged them for a 7.5 and it fits perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy