Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
I'm in love with the slightly fetish-y pompadour heel on the Minna Parikka shoes, particularly on the swan shoes.
I read somewhere that she's inspired by 1930s fetish footwear with lots of buttons etc. Need to start saving up ... !

You better, cause her shoes are eeeexpensive! But utterly amazing as well. So worth it!

lyburnum, I love these two pairs!:

Picture11.jpg

image1xl-5-1.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Ada Veen said:
still :eek:fftopic: isn't that tantamount to stealing the original site's bandwidth though?

YES....it is stealing bandwidth that the site then has to pay more costs for....and some sites allow it...and don't mind.

Other sites....do some rather fun things. Some merely disable hotlinking, and the picture will not appear.

Others....detect the hotlink and the picture is replaced with something -other then what was intended- picture wise... most sites its just a 'do not steal bandwidth' sign, but it has been known to be something -really- bad and then a bartender -swoops- in and removes the link.

But if you -can- rehost its way better....photobucket is free...sure it takes a few min....but then you know the picture wont go anywhere in future. Start a 'Fedora lounge pictures' folder and store them there....

MJrules

One of the Regulars
New Enzo Angiolini, Ginny

I fell in love with these in the June issue of Lucky...but now that they're available...do they look too "tap"? I know that with the right outfit, accessories, and confidence, they will look beautiful. I would just like some feedback before I order! And thanks :) .

side.jpg
front.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
They do look very 'costumey', and they look as if they will show toe cleavage. Ick.

LD

LD, you say 'costumey' like it's some kind of bad thing! And shouldn't all girls wield a little cleavage? ;) ;) ;) I know you do, don't lie!

Snookie

Practically Family
MJrules said:
I fell in love with these in the June issue of Lucky...but now that they're available...do they look too "tap"? I know that with the right outfit, accessories, and confidence, they will look beautiful. I would just like some feedback before I order! And thanks :) .

side.jpg
front.jpg

I like 'um. There aren't any tap shoes out there that look nearly that cool, they're all character shoes these days. My only hesitation about rushing out and buying a pair is the heel, a stiletto heel isn't "period" enough for me, but that's my personal hangup. :D But really, I don't think they're too over the top at all - if they were red, yeah, that would be crazy, but black and white is great. Maybe pair them with a black pencil skirt? Yummy.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I wouldsay that if you aren't sure if you should order them or not, then don't do it. If you need to hear our opinion first, then I bet you're not that keen on them. That's how I feel about shoes, anyway. When I see a pair I'm totally in the clear, either I love them or hate them.

Sometimes I can have my doubts about whether they are usable, if they will go with my clothes and so forth. If that's what troubles you then I'd say that black and white goes with everything, those shoes would be fine with most outfits.

And I must admit, I'm not keen on toe cleavage either. But maybe those shoes wouldn't do that, it depends on your feet and how the shoes sit on them.

toecleavage.jpg

MJrules

One of the Regulars
Wow, thanks for the input, you all are made very good points...I think I'm gonna pass. Think I was kidding myself with that high heel, too.

That toe cleavage picture kind of icked me out...:eek:

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
Madalene Laurae said:
I just ordered these. I suppose they will replace the similar ones I have that were horribly uncomfortable and bloodstained after I stepped on my own foot while dancing at a friend's wedding..... but I kept on dancing. I am hoping these will be a little more comfortable, my old ones were d'orsay style.

I just can't resist shoes with little buttons on them!

http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L11254050.jpg
Those are cute shoes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy