Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Laura Chase

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
The company's website has them in US size 9 for about $44 plus shipping in the US, so maybe you could work out a deal with a Lounger to accept them and ship them on to you?
They came out over a year ago but I wanted to wait until the price went down from about $70 and they were a little hard to find as I don't shop on eBay except from other Loungers. But $10, yay, I'm glad I waded thru all the hits! They are super cute and comfy.

Ooh, thanks so much, I couldn't find them on their website before because they aren't under wedges or sandals, they're under vegan! :)

I just ordered the Keds wedges from Asos, the dark blue ones (casuse the white/green ones were sold out). Looking forward to seeing how they fit, I'm a little anxious about the cut outs on the side, because my feet are wide and I'm afraid they'll pop out, but hopefully the cut outs are so small it won't be a problem.

image1xxl.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
I'm so envious of the shoes I see on here. I'm a 35 and 11 yrs. ago my mom bought several pairs of size 35 pumps in a closing sale for me but I've worn them to pieces. I have three pairs of pumps in 36 which stay on my feet because my feet are a bit wide but I can feel they flop and I'm not sure if it's visible to others. I feel a bit stupid when I have to wear heels for that reason. I've noticed that many shoe shops don't start the ladies sizes at 36 but at 37 now:(

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
If you read this thread....back at least through the -recent- posts..you will see -tons- of cute shoes....if you also pay special attention to the UK girls posts....there are heaps of Clarks shoes that are uber cute you can get over there....

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
The company's website has them in US size 9 for about $44 plus shipping in the US, so maybe you could work out a deal with a Lounger to accept them and ship them on to you?
They came out over a year ago but I wanted to wait until the price went down from about $70 and they were a little hard to find as I don't shop on eBay except from other Loungers. But $10, yay, I'm glad I waded thru all the hits! They are super cute and comfy.

I found a pair of 10's on ebay and paid a total of $30 for them; including shipping. I can't wait until they come in!

Samantha

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Lillemor said:
I'm so envious of the shoes I see on here. I'm a 35 and 11 yrs. ago my mom bought several pairs of size 35 pumps in a closing sale for me but I've worn them to pieces. I have three pairs of pumps in 36 which stay on my feet because my feet are a bit wide but I can feel they flop and I'm not sure if it's visible to others. I feel a bit stupid when I have to wear heels for that reason. I've noticed that many shoe shops don't start the ladies sizes at 36 but at 37 now:(

Many vintage shoes are very small, there is a good shop in Copenhagen, she has a good many vintage shoes in tiny sizes, you should have a look, it's called Décor, located at Rømersgade 9.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
Many vintage shoes are very small, there is a good shop in Copenhagen, she has a good many vintage shoes in tiny sizes, you should have a look, it's called Décor, located at Rømersgade 9.

Thanks. I've already taken note of where you ate at your meet and where some of you went afterwards and I'll add this shop to my list of must see places for next time I'm in CPH.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
At the library this weekend, I found a great book. It's called: Fashion Footwear 1800-1970. The author is Desire Smith and it is put out by the same company that prints those Sears catalog books.

It's fantastic! It's full of pictures. I think it's my new wish list. ;)

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Has anyone worn Aris Allens as street shoes? I've been looking for an everyday oxford that's comfy, and found their suede and mesh ones which look just right, but I'm not sure how suitable and durable the suede sole is for the street. Is it worth getting them resoled with hard leather?

Honey Doll

Practically Family
I have

JupitersDarling said:
Has anyone worn Aris Allens as street shoes? I've been looking for an everyday oxford that's comfy, and found their suede and mesh ones which look just right, but I'm not sure how suitable and durable the suede sole is for the street. Is it worth getting them resoled with hard leather?

I have a pair of the red wedges. I've worn them extensively out and about with no issue. Great shoes for the money IMO!

Honey Doll

Snookie

Practically Family
Ditto to what Honey Doll said. They're very durable and comfy. Not like ballroom dance shoes, that are meant only for indoor wear. Jitterbugs were street dancers and they wore street shoes, so that's what Aris Allen copies.

FYI, I've got a pair of the black oxfords, and they dye my feet black (I wear them without stockings, I don't think it would be as great a problem if I wore stockings). I've asked my friends who have the same shoes, and they don't have that problem. But you might contact the company and ask if you can return them after wearing them once, if it happens to you. Dancestore tries to be accomodating, they might be willing.

I'm going to a dance camp this weekend, and I'm hoping to buy one or two new styles. They're a great shoe for the money.

Inky

One Too Many
I have the off-white mesh ones and wear them on the street - they are VERY comfy and wear as well as any other suede soled shoe.

They are a great value for the money - next is a pair of the black suede rugcutters.

Sunny

One Too Many
The Keds Retro Hi Wedges again!

I got my white and green ones back in May and simply loved them. So ever since then, I've kept an eye on the navy and white pair as well, to see if I could get them somewhere on clearance. At $60 a pair, I can indulge myself for one pair, but I just couldn't do both without a real need.

Well, it's finally happened! Delia's has them on sale for $30 - half price! They don't have all the sizes any more; right now I see 6, 8, 8.5, 9, 10, and 11.

And Endless has the white and green for $33, from size 6 up.

White and green is also at Piperlime for $45, but only size 7.5!
White and green is at Keds for $60, all sizes including small ones.

Both colors, and sizes 7.5 and up, are available at Zappos for $64.

Honestly, these shoes are amazing. I have yet to see a bad review of them; the Zappos reviews give them 5 stars in every category.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Ok Sunny you are hearby banned!lol lol lol Ah! I just bought the blue and white pair of keds, I have been waiting for a sale like this for them. You ladiesa re dangerous for my wallet. This pair make the 8th pair of shoes I have bought this month(thank goodness the month is almost over!):D . Ok I am off to my shoaholics anoymous meetinglol !

Samantha

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Regarding the keds -

For those of you that own a pair, how do the sizes run? I have a hard time finding peep toes that fit me. I usually wear a size 9, but the peep toes sometimes are too long for my toes and then I just have a big empty space where the peep is. If I try to go down a half size, sometimes the shoes are too tight. Do they run true to size, smaller or larger? Do your toes fit in the peep or is it too long?

Thanks!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
Regarding the keds -

For those of you that own a pair, how do the sizes run? I have a hard time finding peep toes that fit me. I usually wear a size 9, but the peep toes sometimes are too long for my toes and then I just have a big empty space where the peep is. If I try to go down a half size, sometimes the shoes are too tight. Do they run true to size, smaller or larger? Do your toes fit in the peep or is it too long?

Thanks!

A little difficult to answer, but on me they were true to size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters