Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
I keep the shoes i don't normally wear in the two bottom drawers of my dresser. Some would think it logical to just throw them away, i can't. I have about 30 pairs of shoes and i still need more for other outfits. Shoes make me so sad :/

pretty faythe

One Too Many
CherryRed said:
My local Target has these on Clearance for $8 and change. They had tons, so I am waiting for the next mark down!;)
51x7L5Bqp-L._AA400_.jpg
I went to take a look at those shoes. They were comfy......except for the darn tongues. I am so tired of my feet these days. They hate ALLLL shoes, have been wearing ugly earth shoe sandles and other ergonomical types or flip flops, when not working.

texasgirl

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
Tax free weekend?

Many states do a tax free weekend for Back to School.

11th Annual Texas Tax-Free Weekend August 21-23, 2009

Texas' annual tax-free weekend is scheduled for August 21-23, 2009. Created to help Texas families with back-to-school shopping, the annual event has become an anticipated tradition for many out-of-state visitors.

The savings begin at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 21 and end at midnight on Sunday, August 23. Savings apply to select clothing items and school supplies less than $100. Shoppers can save approximately $8 for every $100 spent.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Inky said:
i guess we can't do that here in California where we can't pay employees and have no budget. :eek:fftopic:

Actually there are quite a lot of stores that do it here...or at least have in previous years...

Trust me...how -we- pay no tax..is that the -store- pays the state the taxes due...its just another way of putting something on sale....but saying 'this is only 9 % off' sounds so much less appealing then 'you don't pay sales tax'

Shirin

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
Actually there are quite a lot of stores that do it here...or at least have in previous years...

Trust me...how -we- pay no tax..is that the -store- pays the state the taxes due...its just another way of putting something on sale....but saying 'this is only 9 % off' sounds so much less appealing then 'you don't pay sales tax'

Ha Ha! Yep that's basically it!

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
crazydaisy said:
I've just posted the link with my shoes to a friend and she says I'm crazy to have that many, around 20 pairs. Is it...really!? I felt really bad about myself and rushed to explain I bought them with discount while working on retail or in the sales. I sort of felt the need to justify myself as if it were something not quite right about owning 20 pairs of shoes. Maybe now I should go about selling them since I am going through a nasty period financially. I might do it as a last resort. But leaving that aside, it is really crazy to own 20 pairs? I would have thought it was rather average. Not a secret that I should keep in my closet. I'm starting to feel a bit angry about it now.

I probably have around 20 pairs, though most of them weren't really expensive. (For some people, anyway - I have expensive shoe tastes on a Payless budget!) I only *use* about 5 regularly; the others are either special occasion shoes, or ones that didn't work out but are in too good a condition to toss.

It sounds like a lot when you count 'em, I know. But the awful thing is - I don't feel I have enough! lol :eusa_doh:

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Naturalizer is having a huge sale and also had my size, so...the "Daybreak" shoe in Portrait Leather is now mine. *gleeful*

http://www.naturalizer.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0216756&pg=3003308

I have a pair in black, and love them! They're quite a steal at $23.70 (originally $79). If the brown suede version ever goes on sale, guess what I'm buying. :D

I'm not sure what to wear with them, though. They're a color somewhere between cream and tan - they practically match my legs, and I'm not sure if that's a good look. I'm making pink '30s skirt that will probably fit the bill, but do you ladies have any other suggestions?

Elaina

One Too Many
I have about 15 pairs, and I need to get rid of the ones that are too beat up to wear anywhere but the house, which will leave me with about 7.

I just don't throw them away. I have a pair of heels I take dance classes in, and if they get ruined, I'm not upset. I usually buy a pair a month or so, but I don't pay attention to the vintage or not. I like trashy heels.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Has anyone bought any Crown Vintage shoes? I bought some on clearance at DSW and I was looking online for a photo to show them off. Anyway, no website, no other mentions on other shoe sites. Kinda weird. Then I found a blog someone said they are made by Jeffery Campbell? Anyway, just wondered. They seem super comfortable, a bit edgier than I normally wear, but I'll try to take a picture.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
I found these shoes in Modcloth"s pop up ad online somewhere and I looked on there website but I cannot find them!!!!!:eek:
modclothshoes.jpg

Do any of you ladies know where I can get pair like this? Or even the same brand? Its been awhile since I have gotten shoe lust such as this! Help me out!

Samantha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn