Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I wear my black Briarcliffs all the time too, I wore out my first pair! I agree on a touch of the orthopaedic about them, but not overly so, and I personally love the crepe sole. I do want another pair for the summer though. Maybe some of their flatteer sandals.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
ooh so cute! they look like Remix picasso's! My friend LOVES J.Jill. I'm going to have her look at these.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Blondie said:
bought these today at Payless,
they look really cute on,
great with wide leg chambray pants or whatever !
AND the price is right !
They go up to size 12
http://www.payless.com/Images/300x300/060094_1_300x300.jpg

I have last year's version of these.. soooo super cute! I was just at the mall today and they had some very similar but no sling back for kids at the Gymboree. I wanted to get some for my daughter, but they didn't have her size.:( I may have to scower the net!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PS said:
spritz them with alcohol and put your foot in. it help the leather stretch. don't use so much that you could dry the leather out but just enough to moisten them.

I would not recommend using alcohol at all on any kind of leather. It's a really bad idea, especially with vintage leathers. You can warm the leather gently with a blow dryer to stretch it, but your best bet is to take them to a good cobbler to have them do it for you.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ShooShooBaby said:
here are some pretty accurate repro wedges from j. jill! on sale, no less! they're out of the 7.5-8 size, but have one size smaller and 2 bigger!

Oh, they're made by Mariana for GOLC. Great shoes! I really need new black wedges and am almost regretting I just bought 2 new dresses. *sigh*

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Found on the Payless site:

059276_1_600x600.jpg

Direct link:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Prod...pe=Adult&Popularity=44&DescriptiveColor=Black

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
If you have a Charlotte Russe nearby, you might want to take a peek. They are clearing out their last season shoes for $5 a pair! Selection will vary by store, obviously, but I came home with a pair of 2 inch peeptoe heels (almost like a wedge) in red and white dotted canvas with white piping and a bow at the toe for just $5. Too cute!! Usually my store only has larger shoe sizes in clearance, but this time I got lucky!! :D

Sunland Sare

New in Town
how could anyone resist these shoes? i adore the feathers, the cherubs and the ribbon rosette, especially how one of the ribbons is a Union Jack.

(the box is pretty damn good as well hehehe)

Fabulous, non?

hairfedoraiq3.jpg

1106133350m2.jpg

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Lots of cute wedges with a reasonable/low heel at Target. All less than 30$.

When I get paid again, I'm going shopping!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Dolcis has these Hush Puppies on sale in red for £20, they look fabulous in person and are uber comfortable. Unfortunately my funds deny me the pleasure of owning a pair, even at £20.

HPUK-H23039000psd.jpg

And these Hush Puppies (in white) are on sale for £30 in store:

HPUK-H23010000psd.jpg

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
Leaette- I'm sorry! What about these?
http://www.shoetrader.com/pagebuilder/Item?item=46609&CATEGORY=TICTACTOES#

I had the day off of work today and decided that I'm going to start looking for my summer beach shoes. I remembered a pair that were posted on this thread about (2?) years ago. Don't ask me how I remembered them, but it turns out that even though they were seasonal, you can still find them.
http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?gen=w&pcid=108869 This site only shows 2 or 3 choices, but I did a search on google for them and found about 5 other colors on different sites.

So while I went back that far, I bookmarked a bunch of urls and found that alot of the shoes that we were paying a substantial amount for 2 years ago, have decreased in price by almost half!! So go look back there girls! You'll find some great stuff!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner