Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Lily Powers, are those original vintage shoes? If not, they sure could have fooled me.

These wellies are a reproduction/reinterpretation of a 1939 design. I'm not sure what to think of them, the toe area doesn't look quite right to me.

4476.gif

From the new Chie Mihara collection <3 <3

EKARI-SIDE.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
About the wellies:
The heel is nice, but I really don't like the leg: the silly laces, the "Viking"-logo... Would be much nicer if they, say, were folded down. Is the toe are too flat, or? It looks OK.

About the red Chie sandals:
The perforations are wonderful, so deco! But I don't like the slingback + t-strap combo, I don't know, it just looks disharmonious and maybe a little generic to me. Or maybe it's the clasps? Two is one too many. But I think I'd buy them just for the gorgeous deco patterns!

EKARI-FRONT.jpg

Did you see these? Cuuute!

freja-side.jpg

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Lily Powers, are those original vintage shoes? If not, they sure could have fooled me.

These wellies are a reproduction/reinterpretation of a 1939 design. I'm not sure what to think of them, the toe area doesn't look quite right to me.

4476.gif

Where can a gal purchase said boots? Does your heel fit inside the heel as the originals do?

Samantha

Lily Powers

Practically Family
ShrinkingViolet said:

ShrinkingViolet,they are by Giraudon and are not vintage. However, I think they must have some magical, mystical, vintage aura about them because when I put them on, I feel transformed to another time.

And I love those Chie Miharas you posted. I don't know what makes me weep more - the cute shoes that Chie Mihara makes or the astronomical prices that keep them out of my closet. :)

texasgirl

One Too Many
I just bought these at Macy's, regular $110 on sale for $22! Might check their clearance if you have one near you.

They are Circa Joan and David and the style is called Beauchamp. Super comfy!

10942-782174-p.jpg

Looks like Nordstroms has some in crocodile!

_5630636.jpg

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Laura Chase, I agree about the buckles on the red Chie Miharas being a little too much of a good thing. But cute, nonetheless!

These have a very definite 30's evening shoe flair to them:

fregao-side.jpg

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
ShrinkingViolet said:
Laura Chase, I agree about the buckles on the red Chie Miharas being a little too much of a good thing. But cute, nonetheless!

These have a very definite 30's evening shoe flair to them:

fregao-side.jpg
those look so reminiscent of Dorothy's ivory slippers from my 30's children's Wizard of Oz picture book. I lusted after those shoes when I was little. (and still do, I guess!) lol

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I'm SOOOO happy I just bought a pair of saddle shoes!!!!:eusa_clap I've been looking for them for EVER

Sharpsburg

One of the Regulars
British Shoe envy!

I absolutely love those green shoes from office.uk. Why can't we have anything like that on this side ofthe pond!

Sharpsburg:mad:

Laura Chase

One Too Many
If there is a lucky lady who wears a european size 41, Footlux still have a pair of these Chie Mihara shoes left in your size!

serpan_g.jpg

The price was so right that I had to snatch their last pair in 40, and just got them... They are so beautiful! The color is a brownish grey, it's a really beautiful color. I just tried pairing them with some sage green (a coolish green) stockings, and wauw!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
If there is a lucky lady who wears a european size 41, Footlux still have a pair of these Chie Mihara shoes left in your size!

serpan_g.jpg

The price was so right that I had to snatch their last pair in 40, and just got them... They are so beautiful! The color is a brownish grey, it's a really beautiful color. I just tried pairing them with some sage green (a coolish green) stockings, and wauw!
I do! :eek: *is tempted*

EDIT: Has anyone bought the Dollie Day shoes? How are they??

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
Tinseltown, I paid 900 DKK total, shipping included. They are 50% off + 10% extra! Go get 'em!
That's not bad at all!
You and ShrinkingViolet keep talking about the wonders of Chie Mihara - so I am very tempted. :D
Are they true to size??

I am actaully going shoeshopping tomorrow. If I don't find anything satisfactory, maybe I should join the Mihara party. lol

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
JupitersDarling said:
those look so reminiscent of Dorothy's ivory slippers from my 30's children's Wizard of Oz picture book. I lusted after those shoes when I was little. (and still do, I guess!) lol

That's so sweet! I try to make a point out of realizing my childhood dreams. Look like a princess every day, eat all the cake you want, stay up late, wear Dorothy shoes. Go ahead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo