Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CXL Steer vs Horse Flexibility Aero

Peacoat

Bartender
Here are pics of the rear panel of my ThunderBay with the graining, or marbling as HD says, and the front panels of the same jacket with almost no graining. This is CXL FQHH. Haven't worn this jacket much because of problems with the zipper.

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
That's the nicest grain I have see on cowhide. I imagine the washing machine had a lot to do with it as I don't put mine in the wash, and none of mine look nearly that good.

Mich486

One Too Many
The wash if anything improved the jacket but I’m not sure I would do it again and the reason is that I don’t know if my washing machine could take another wash with such a beast! I was afraid the drum would take off at some point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Brown CXL horse. Snapped this picture to send to Aero for a trade-in estimate.
I’ve “outgrown” (grew fat) my 30’s half belt and need to replace it. But looking at the grain in the sleeve creases I’m having second thoughts.
c3878745780711d2dc645b83847cebd2.jpg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
What size is it?

Standard size 40, no modifications. I’m 181 cm and it was a good but tight fit when I weighed 72 kg. At my current weight (84 kg...) I can still wear it and even zip it, but it’s super uncomfortable and I can barely move in it.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Standard size 40, no modifications. I’m 181 cm and it was a good but tight fit when I weighed 72 kg. At my current weight (84 kg...) I can still wear it and even zip it, but it’s super uncomfortable and I can barely move in it.

Premier fit or regular 30’s?

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What I like is the CXL FQHH 'marbling'. My 2001 shipped Highwayman has that especially across the back of the jacket. Some HH batches seem to offer this up nicely.
I did shape my '30s steer hide HB collar with hot water when new. It worked.
I will post photos as soon as the weather allows me to get some outside pics. Most of the pics I had have unfortunately became prisoners of PhotoBucket.
Do you wet the collar completely then just shape and allow to air dry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto