Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Czech Republicans: Tonak, Huckel, no name

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I received another couple of Tonaks. This is a newer one-
ed40b96f.jpg

dc1f9ee9.jpg

I like the lightweight felt on this one. It didn't come with a liner and I'm not sure if it originally had one or not.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here is the very old black Tonak I just received. The ad said it was a 7 3/8 but it's too small for me so I'll probably be parting with it soon.
f3f6337e.jpg

804ee530.jpg

af2a0973.jpg

9a00d25e.jpg

b6e19f70.jpg

azhiker

One of the Regulars
Here is a recent aquisition of mine fron Henry the Hatter in Detroit. I went looking for either a silverbelly or white hat, to wear on occasion. This is what $99 USD got me! It is a Selintino Sterling, fur felt, very nice finish, the liner is first rate, hat fis like a glove!

75726-m-0.jpg

76154-m-0.jpg

76153-m-0.jpg

76155-m-1.jpg

Last edited:
Another Huckel "100% Fur Felt." 2 3/4" brim, 4 1/2" crown.

P1070012.jpg

The one I have looks a lot like this on Marcus but is a bit more brown close to but less reddish than my Campdraft. I got it at the Burlington Coat Factory, might have been either Whittier or Santa Anita location, not sure. It was maybe 4-5 years ago and about 25 bucks I think. 100% fur felt as I recall. It was a bit stiff but became rather soft pretty quickly. The felt is thick like my Sovreign Temple. I steamed it a bit and gave it a tighter pinch in front. It was and is a good value for the money. Almost all of the foil imprints on the sweat are nearly gone.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
I actually may try one in a grey or light brown. The white is not for constant wear ,for me anyways, but man this hat seems like its very well made. i actually will be over in europe soon and hope to find more of these hats over there.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
Thanks Lefty, I was very skitish about it at first, but it is very soft, easy to crease..it comes with a kinda teardrop wannabe, but the whole look and feel of this hat is casual..I'll keep everyone updated!

Here is a recent aquisition of mine fron Henry the Hatter in Detroit. I went looking for either a silverbelly or white hat, to wear on occasion. This is what $99 USD got me! It is a Selintino Sterling, fur felt, very nice finish, the liner is first rate, hat fis like a glove!

75726-m-0.jpg

76154-m-0.jpg

76153-m-0.jpg

76155-m-1.jpg

THat's a great looking hat, do they sell those over the internet?

The model is a Club. I haven't seen one before and doesn't goes back to JHS days. The style is very common for that time period in Germany, Austria and Italy. It's a sporty fur felt hat with Alpine elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ