Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dare I start a doll thread?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Picture614.jpg

Picture414.jpg

Here are a few of my dolls in outfits I made them. They're not as good as what alot of people here can do but the 2nd one was all done by hand with no pattern. :eusa_clap

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am glad to know that others collect Living Dead Dolls. I have some in storage in San Diego, lying in their little caskets, waiting for my return.

Brought with me my Mattel James Dean and Audrey Hepburn (Breakfast at Tiffany's black dress with sunglasses and Shraft's coffee cup). The Barbie form is perfect for Audrey who was so slender. I think the Dean doll is the best of a number of JD dolls. His face is so exquisit, a dead ringer.

Not so, the voluptuous Marilyn Monroe. Don't like the Barbie version for MM, too scrawny. I have a larger Marilyn doll that I got off eBay, she is in storage in SD, dressed in a red dress, feather boa, looking sultry and not scrawny. Can't think of who makes it, maybe the Celebrity Doll folks, will have to research so I can find a picture on the net.

I had some of those Hollywood Dolls from the fifties in cowboy and cowgirl outfits, gave them to one of my friends who collects the Hollywood dolls.

karol

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
AllaboutEve said:
I just noticed that there seem to be a few more doll collectors here recently,so I just wondered if any of you closet doll fanatics wanted to share any pics? Have you made any fabulous outfits for your ladies?

I'll start....... I just added this one to my collection (well I'm waiting for her to come through the post :) ).....
ingenue.jpg

What is this one called. She reminds me of the Christina Aguilera video "Ain't no other Man" When they show her in her dressing room. I think she's beautiful. =)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Rockapin-up said:
What is this one called. She reminds me of the Christina Aguilera video "Ain't no other Man" When they show her in her dressing room. I think she's beautiful. =)
She's one of this years Silkstone Dolls called "Ingenue" and she is just the prettiest!!!!
I see what you mean about Christina!:)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Here is my Ingenue in her "not-quite-finished" holidays outfit, I'm working on some tiny crocheted white angora trim and some red roses for her hair at the moment, but I just thought I post this as this is as far as I'm likely to get this side of Christmas day!!!!:) The armholes are not finished and neither is the hem...nevermind!!!!

DSCF1455.jpg

DSCF1457.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Thanks imoldfashioned. I was pleased with the fabric too, it turned up in part of a bundle that I got through the post as part of a patchwork bundle club I was in for a while and I set it to one side for my dolls right away.

The pattern is Vogue 7536 one of the vintage barbie repro patterns, so unfortunately I can't claim that it is the result of my genius!!!lol It also has a little belt in the pattern that I haven't got round to making yet.

PS. love the pun!

Copacetic

New in Town
CherryRed, I'm green with envy for your lovely dolls! I think Rita is my favorite.

I collect mainly vintage Barbie, but all manner of dolls have taken up residence in my house. My husband has quite a few Gene dolls, and I'm partial to Arranbee's Nanette.

I won't innundate you with pics, but here's a few I hope you enjoy:

Some of my favorite Barbie & family dolls:
favs.jpg

A herd of Midges:
Dsc00128.jpg

The boys:
Dsc00113.jpg

Thanks Imoldfashioned for the compliment.

CherryRed, I'm green with envy for your lovely dolls! I think Rita is my favorite.

I collect mainly vintage Barbie, but all manner of dolls have taken up residence in my house. My husband has quite a few Gene dolls, and I'm partial to Arranbee's Nanette.

Thanks Copacetic!
I am a big Nanette fan too. Here are a few of mine I thought you might enjoy seeing.
rbnanette.jpg

nanette-1.jpg

brunanafter.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

Copacetic

New in Town
Thanks for sharing, CherryRed! They are just adorable. I especially love the first one - I've always loved that dress. However, I am partial to the braided pigtails, too.

Here are a couple of mine, looking appropriately Christmas-y from a couple of years ago:

DSC01246.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic