Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dare I start a doll thread?

Warbaby

One Too Many
The Stratosphere of Doll Collecting

Last week this signed Albert Marque doll set a record price for an antique doll - $263,000!

MarqueDoll_263K.JPG

http://www.antiquetrader.com/article/french_doll_shatters_world_auction_record/

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Cherry_Bombb said:
I only collect paper dolls...
Have you seen this website? http://www.fancyephemera.com/index.html
I'm absolutely in love with it!! And it updates all the time!!

Personally, I'd love to have the original of this doll: http://www.costumes.org/history/100pages/maryofthewacs.htm

I had a whole bunch of paper dolls that I had in my yard sale. They didn't sell but I can't remember if I donated them to a local charity or whether I kept them. I'll have to look. If I still have them you can have them for the cost of postage. I'll look tomorrow to see if I still have them.

**Update: I decided it was better to check for these today so I didn't get your hopes up for nothing. I checked the box of items that didn't sell that we saved from the yard sale. Unfortunately the paper dolls were not in the box so I can only assume that they were donated. Sorry. If I run across any others I will be sure and let you know. Doesn't it just figure...I've had those paper dolls forever and when I finally get rid of them is when I run across someone who collects them.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Wonderful dolls!

Rhian said:
I own two Asian ball-jointed dolls, one a Super Dollfie 13 by Volks, the other a U-noa Quluts Lusis by Alchemic Labo. I make most of their clothes myself, notably the knits, but I also sew for them when I have the patience. (Supposedly I'm in the middle of making an 18th century outfit for the male doll, but it's not going anywhere fast!) I'd like to make period-correct 1930s outfits for them, and that may be my next project.

134747907_af1ac8e9a2.jpg
1423690931_ab4a158e58.jpg

2327620282_5ba0889aa4.jpg
2394115668_c48f316d60.jpg

2939309028_7ba140d6ca.jpg
358314372_446f090cd6.jpg

I love these doll! They are unique.

Foofoogal

Banned
he Stratosphere of Doll Collecting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last week this signed Albert Marque doll set a record price for an antique doll - $263,000!

Stunning. I got into Doll collecting in the 1980s as I went to a show. They had a Jumeau doll with her trousseau. I must of stood and stared at that doll and clothing for 4 hours. I was enthralled.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
My dolls

I love dolls but I don't have very many of them. Here are a few where I have photos of them. I'm sorry about the poor quality of the photos. I took these using my daughter's phone camera and I'm not very good at using it.

3827908066_79ec83c351_m.jpg

3827908068_c85e5f5fbc_m.jpg

3827908070_f55ac4c4dd_m.jpg

Does anyone happen to know anything about this doll? When she was made? What company made her?

3827908074_59ab79dfa9_m.jpg

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Interesting.

CherryRed said:
The last doll looks like it may be an Italian or other European doll.

Do you know if there is a website where you can look for info on dolls? Maybe they'll have one like this one.

I found a photo in Google images that looks a lot like my doll. It says she is English. Unfortunately when you click on the image the link is broken so I can't find anything else.

images

I found another one. Looks like you were right. This doll is from Poland and looks very similiar to mine. It says the doll has a plastic face but my doll does not have a plastic face. It seems like paper mache to me.

MM-538.1L.jpg

LuckyLady

New in Town
I wish I could get my laptop to accept my camera's memory card, else I'd show you pictures of my collection. Oh well.

I've recently rekindled my interest in collecting Barbies. More specifically, the classics. Originals are waaaaay out of my price range, so I'm sticking to reproductions for now. But ever since I was a little girl, I wanted my favorite 3 dolls- Black and White swimsuit, Solo in the Spotlight, and Enchanted Evening. I got EE for my 6th birthday and have always had a collection of SitS (keychains, ornaments, purses, A PHONE), but never the doll herself!

Now I own all three due to eBay and late-nite trips to Wal-Mart and I couldn't be happier!

28jlh2.jpg
1zx88eo.jpg
vw60p.jpg

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
So I've been posting around on the few doll collecting forums I could find when I remembered seeing this one in here. I know the first and last dolls aren't Fedora Lounge Material, but I was wondering if any of you could tell me anything about them:

Over the years I've inherited a couple of dolls from my older relatives (Grandma, Great Aunt...). I know nothing about dolls and the relatives who gave them to me are either dead or live really far away (and are so old they wouldn't be able to know what I was asking about anyways!) I'm not really attached to them (except for the black doll) and therefore if none of them are worth keeping I would like to know so that I can pass them on to someone who does want them. If anyone could help me identify even what kind of doll they are or how old they are, I would greatly appreciate it.
4271145799_40d0c28a86.jpg

The mark on this says Jessica 1989 so I know it is a Jessica Hamilton (I looked it up). My sister has a matching one with dark hair.
4271145825_d3c3d6fc7b.jpg

Bisque w/ cloth body. No markings or tags.
4271145771_53e4c4369f.jpg

4271145745_f60ed86cbf.jpg

4271889076_e60bceaec4.jpg

4271145719_4971135e71.jpg

This is the only other one that I know anything about. If I remember correctly she is a "Sasha" doll. She belonged to my Aunt.

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
LuckyLady said:
I wish I could get my laptop to accept my camera's memory card, else I'd show you pictures of my collection. Oh well.

I've recently rekindled my interest in collecting Barbies. More specifically, the classics. Originals are waaaaay out of my price range, so I'm sticking to reproductions for now. But ever since I was a little girl, I wanted my favorite 3 dolls- Black and White swimsuit, Solo in the Spotlight, and Enchanted Evening. I got EE for my 6th birthday and have always had a collection of SitS (keychains, ornaments, purses, A PHONE), but never the doll herself!

Now I own all three due to eBay and late-nite trips to Wal-Mart and I couldn't be happier!

I have a Solo in the Spotlight one, although it is also a repro. It is the only Barbie I ever kept, and since I grew up in the 90s, I had boxes of em!

Miss Smith, your 3 bisque dolls are inexpensive collector dolls made in the late 70's early 80's. The first and last one specifically look like the style sold to look like an antique doll in the Sunday supplement. Grocery stores also carried this style bisque doll.They don't have any real "value" unless you have sentiment attached to them.

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
CherryRed said:
Miss Smith, your 3 bisque dolls are inexpensive collector dolls made in the late 70's early 80's. The first and last one specifically look like the style sold to look like an antique doll in the Sunday supplement. Grocery stores also carried this style bisque doll.They don't have any real "value" unless you have sentiment attached to them.

Thanks! It would make sense as my Grandma had both children and granchildren growing up during those decades and my Great Aunt, I would assume didn't begin collecting until she had a house of her own which would have probably been near the same time, although I know she's always had dolls.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
It's funny how many times I say "I don't collect ____" and then I start thinking about it...and maybe I do!

I personally have a Madame Alexander Elise pink ballerina (got her pre 2nd grade so has to be before 1973/74, Madame Alexander Russia, Netherlands and Ireland international dolls. All barely touched and in their boxes. I also have an elaborately dressed Geisha doll with hair ornaments and a working paper foil fan. She must be over a foot high and housed in a glass and black laquer case. My Uncle was stationed in Okinawa when he was in the Air Force serving in Vietnam. He had her shipped over for me. She's in the attic, hopefully unharmed.

We have a few Story Book dolls in their polka dot boxes. There's a baby doll with one of those crier things in it's body that was my Mom's (early 40's) and a doll she calls "Nancy" dressed in period costume with a long dress and straw flowered hat. The strange thing about her is that her mouth is slightly open to show a red velvet tongue and little porcelain teeth.

There were a set of Revlon Dolls with plaid round trunks, all their clothes, down to the little bras and tap pants and tiny pearl earrings. They belonged to my Aunts and went to my twin cousins. Heaven only knows where they are now!

As I don't have children, I have no clue who will inherit all of this stuff. I just hope they don't think it's all junk. :eek:

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dolls dolls dolls dolls...

This whole week I have been sorting, packing and tomorrow, moving, an estate for my mother's deceased friend.
TONS of Annallee dolls. I truly hate them, but they seem to be worth money. She has about 70 of them, all different themes and outfits, all with their little accessories like skis or stethoscopes or whatever goes with their theme, and none of them are newer than 1978 for sure.
Ghastly.
Also a few nice old ones from the lady's childhood,I will take pics and post.

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Dollies!

Squeeeee! A dollie thread...an unlimited dollie thread! I loved everyone's photos. I have quite a few dolls: a couple Queen Amidalas, Princess Leia, Malibu Stacy, Tyler, Gene, Madra, Breakfast at Tiffany's Audrey Hepburn, an SD-sized bjd boy, and an SD-sized girl on the way.

I fell in love with Gene because of the fashions. And the others just followed me home, really!:p

As with my wardrobe, I want to make vintage styles for all my doll family.

Oh, and I made my first visit to the Doll Museum in Bellevue. It's a must see, multiple visits!

tuppence

Practically Family
polish doll

NicknNora said:
I love dolls but I don't have very many of them. Here are a few where I have photos of them. I'm sorry about the poor quality of the photos. I took these using my daughter's phone camera and I'm not very good at using it.

3827908066_79ec83c351_m.jpg

3827908068_c85e5f5fbc_m.jpg

3827908070_f55ac4c4dd_m.jpg

Does anyone happen to know anything about this doll? When she was made? What company made her?

3827908074_59ab79dfa9_m.jpg

The last doll is referred to as a polish doll here in Australia
I have one but don't know much about them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy