Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dark Passage, '47...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
realized why i love this film...because for the first half of it there's nothing but close ups of Lauren Bacall...hot dog...

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
That is one neat film. I really think one of the coolest things about it is how for a good chunk of it, you're basically looking through Bogie's eyes. A really good cinematic effect.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
ScionPI2005 said:
That is one neat film. I really think one of the coolest things about it is how for a good chunk of it, you're basically looking through Bogie's eyes. A really good cinematic effect.

yah that's what i mean...they don't have to do the over the shoulder shot, you just get close ups of Lauren Bacall...

Feraud

Bartender
ScionPI2005 said:
Which was also done in another detective film whose name escapes me right now... [huh]

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Which was also done in another detective film whose name escapes me right now... [huh]

Are you thinking of Lady in the Lake with Robert Montgomery? Great film, I believe you only see his face when he looks in a mirror.

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
I love this movie!! thanks to my significant other who I miss very much! The whole close ups of Lauren Bacall are magnificent. Plus I love the part where Humphrey finally shows his face!!!

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
It isn't my favorite Bogie movie - I wish it had more Bogie and less Bacall, myself :) - but I like to see the scenes of '40s San Francisco. The moderne apartment building where Bacall lives in the picture looks pretty much the same today. I noticed Bogart is still hanging around the place, too!

47b8da20b3127cceb75c445b457800000026100JZOG7Zm1Yo

47b8da20b3127cceb75c442ac43900000025100JZOG7Zm1Yo

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
the hilarious thing i noticed about this film was the inconsistency of bogies height...he was much shorter than bacall and in some scenes is much taller or same height...they did that for casablanca and others but for whatever reason it stuck out in this film...

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I love Agnes Moorhead's last scene in this one--she had a great wardrobe too as I remember. Bacall is gorgeous, as usual, and the last scene always plays my sappy heartstrings.

PenMan

Familiar Face
Great movie. The first movie I ever downloaded free on the internet. I am amazed at how many movies have no copyright, and therefore can be found on google video and similar places. I wonder if this will drive the prices of collections down soon.

HATCO

Vendor
I found this in regards to the movie

resistolbogart.jpg

This was recently sent to me. Not sure if it is already on here or not. Apologies if it is.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
A fantastic piece of filmmaking. I love it.

And that side-gag about the guy with the goofy teeth in his old jalopy - "ya know there's a lota real smart people insida 'Quintin" - priceless....

I heard they were really nervous about filming this because of the lack of facetime for Bogie at the start of the movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo