Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deco Deliveries

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
3176e318aa76da5c85e9e2b3491b7571.jpg

Rob

1956 Buick Centurion Concept Car
View attachment 158748

I don't think it works, even in a concept-car way, but am still glad the out-there attempt was made.
Maybe not, but it's more visually interesting than the re-badged cookie-cutter lead sled that bore the name Centurion from 1971-73:

vpLAEnl.jpg

Concept cars are an interesting...uh, concept...to me. The designers are allowed to let their imaginations run a little wild, the companies present them in a "Here's what we could produce if money, technology, and public safety weren't a concern" way, and if the car actually goes into production it's rarely even close to the original concept. They're a tease--fun to look at, but the odds are slim that you'll ever own one.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Fiat 600D Multipla MPV Classic / LHD / 1963
View attachment 157003
There's a car like that at The Goodwood Revival. If you have never heard of the event, just Google the name. It's a bit like The Fedora Lounge Weekender, but with whistles and bells.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motorin...val-2013-Fiat-600D-Multipla-Mario-review.html

Maybe not, but it's more visually interesting than the re-badged cookie-cutter lead sled that bore the name Centurion from 1971-73:

vpLAEnl.jpg

Concept cars are an interesting...uh, concept...to me. The designers are allowed to let their imaginations run a little wild, the companies present them in a "Here's what we could produce if money, technology, and public safety weren't a concern" way, and if the car actually goes into production it's rarely even close to the original concept. They're a tease--fun to look at, but the odds are slim that you'll ever own one.
The difference between concept and reality sometimes blurs. Ford designers were given carte blanche to design a car that had every conceivable gizmo, what they came up with cost Ford dearly. I blame Bob Hope, when asked what he thought of it he replied: "It looks like it's sucking a lemon."
edsel.jpg

vpLAEnl.jpg

Back in the era of the 1950 - 1961 Motorama shows by GM, design concept cars were mostly never meant to go into production. GM executives ended up driving & owning most of them once they came off the motorama show circuit. The cars could eventually be resold to dealers & private individuals by their executive owners. Today most design concept cars don't actually run & when GM is finished with those that do run most are crushed due to product liability. Or they go into a GM museum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ