Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DecoPix

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
This place is SUCH A BAD INFLUENCE!
On the way back from lunch I stopped at the good old Strand Bookstore on Fulton St and found a wonderful book on Art Moderne interiors called "Moderne: Fashioning the French Interior". It's full of prints done in the 1920 and 30's using the poichore technique. I never heard of this before, but it's a style you'll immediately recognize. It's basically several layers of finely made stencils. The technique is very emblematic of the era. If I can find some examples I'll post them this evening. Anyhow, this thread got me going on an interesting and fun tangent. I posted the obit of the great 20th century designer Victor Schreckengost, who died a few days ago at the age of almost 102. I discovered him while Googling the answer to the question in this thread.
And now I have a fascinating (and very heavy) book about Art Deco and Art Moderne interiors. Gotta love the Fedora Lounge!

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Great Website!

Great website indeed!
I had to skim through it (I _am_ at work right now) but it didn't look like they distinquished between the three major movements of Art Deco design: Zig-zag, Neo Classical and Streamline. They show examples of each, however.

Jp

Decodence

A-List Customer
dakotanorth said:
Great website indeed!
I had to skim through it (I _am_ at work right now) but it didn't look like they distinquished between the three major movements of Art Deco design: Zig-zag, Neo Classical and Streamline. They show examples of each, however.

Jp
They missed WPA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran