Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Details, Details, and More Details.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
This thread is for Loungers who love photographing (and viewing photos of) vintage architechture. But, there's a small twist: This thread is for photographs of only certain details of vintage buildings. Not the entire building.

Get in close, zoom in or crop in, to beautiful, unique, decorative and/or functional vintage details and show them here.

I'll start with what is apparently a light tower. FedoraGent noticed it on a building in Pasadena, CA., and asked me to zoom in on it. We were across the street and behind a one-story building at the time.
(Please ignore the satellite dish, as it's not vintage and I had no idea it was there at the time I took this shot.)

Detail-DSC_9389.jpg

Zoom​

FedoraGent took this image through my windshield. I cropped in for a closer look at the crown on the top of the dome.

Detail-crown-DSC_9394.jpg

Crop​

I shot this frieze through the open passenger window while at a stop light.

Frieze-DSC_9396.jpg

Zoom and crop​

Show us your details, details, and more details. The closer you get to them, the better. Have fun. :)

Lee

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Great Thread!

Here is one:
n528880673_480408_205.jpg

This is an abandoned office building in town, the padlocked door always catches my eye as well as the fine details around the handles.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
And ClaraB sets the bar high right at the start with a fantastic picture. Exactly the kind of image I was looking for! :eusa_clap

Now show us your favorite details, folks!

Lee

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
This thread is for Loungers who love photographing (and viewing photos of) vintage architechture. But, there's a small twist: This thread is for photographs of only certain details of vintage buildings. Not the entire building.

I am not a photographer myself ,but i do love viewing photos of old buildings, and i had to post these images of my favorite photographer in this field Eugene Atget(1856-1927)..."His work,now in public collections in France, London and New York is an amazing record of a past era...of vieux Paris."

[
m198109550024.jpg
detail of staircase 1911

1827709743_4e7b0a101f_o.jpg

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
From some French villages:

LesBauxf.jpg

Lurs0522.jpg

A stables courtyard in Devon:

Photo03_00A.jpg

One of the travertine giant pillars in the colonnade of St. Peter's:

DSC01832.jpg

Interior from St. Peter's:

DSC01837.jpg

From Mussolini's EUR, outside Rome:

DSC01953.jpg

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
I am so glad this thread is getting the attention it deserves. I love that St. Peter's interior shot, great light.

Here is a very, very vintage detail from Christ Church in Oxford, England. Would have been a better shot had I the patience to set my camera properly :eusa_doh:. Despite the over exposure you can still make out the delicate flowers and faces carved into the stone.
n528880673_689573_5201.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I don't know who took this photo, but I find it so beautiful... almost like a Greek Temple surrounded by modern life!

73072006.jpg
Chicago Architectural Detail with Sears Tower in Background

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful shots, everyone!

Audrey, I missed the LA walk. :( Will there be abnother one soon? For some reason I'm particularly drawn to your last photo, the one of the grill. Maybe it's because I'm a nut for yellow metals, specifically brass and bronze. All of them are great!

ClaraB, I'd say your image is quite well exposed. All it needs is a touch more contrast, if anything. Beautiful shot. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner