Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DIAMOND DAVE's/Howl Clothing CAFE RACER- REVIEW

They do only off the rack, no custom job. The cut of the RM is very different from the originals that the other companies copied from. If you prefer RM's cut, you probably need to go with RM.

Not really interested in the RM version of this jacket. Couldn't be happier with the version Dave made for me.
Just wondering in general if RM does custom sizing.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not really interested in the RM version of this jacket. Couldn't be happier with the version Dave made for me.
Just wondering in general if RM does custom sizing.
Am happy for you. I on the other hand have problem finding the right J-100 as I do not live in the States and cannot afford to have the jacket shipped back and forth like dadonn did or I would have gone with Dave in an instance. In fact, Dave and I exchanged a few PMs on the subject. So sadly, I had to put it on hold.

I was in NYC earlier today and stopped by Blue in Green thanks to this thread!
What a treat to see (and try on) Real McCoy's jackets...
Tried the A1, A2, and J100.
All beautiful jackets, but wow! pricey.
Thanks for the tip guys!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
RMJP jackets (at least the Buco series) are for the most part made out of Shinki, which is a bonus. Accurate as hell, but (not even factoring the cost) I still prefer a jacket hand-made by the artist/business owner himself. It just feels more personal and impressive. I really wish I had the chops/guts to try garment making myself. Tho I'd never hear the end of it from my wife- she already gives me a hard enough of a time for "spending hours on fashion blogs" (as she put it last night) :)

Bret, I totally agree. However, I've never seen a Shinki jacket in person, let alone tried one on. Seeing those sure made me confident in my choice of getting in the long line....

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Shinki is the mutt's nutts, Handymike. It's completely different from FQHH or whatever. My one was a medium weight, and doesn't really change colour with wear and tear - you'd really need to shred it to get the famed Japanese tea effect. The patina is more of a subtle marbling effect than heavy wrinkling. What I'm trying to say is that it's a classy hide, which, if you get something made of it, you won't part with easily... ;)

Shinki is a nice hide and indeed nothing like anything else I've had. The weight is great for a three-season jacket, and you can wear with a Tee or layers if you get it larger. My FQHH stuff is pretty much the colder day piece. Even though it's not warm in the cold, it's warmer when it's not cold so it gets much less wear. I imagine it also depends on the cut of the jacket too - a tighter fit will make the cold of the leather more pronounced. A loser fitting piece like an A-2 might not be as cold as you can wear more under it (unless you got one skin-tight).
Bottom line is we all need lots of jackets. lol

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Gawd, for a second there, Jeff, I thought you'd been drinking the Koolade too. Seems to be a lot of that around here tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner