Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did I do a bad thing? Anyway, it worked!

3 softballs zipped into a pillow cover in the dryer with my Vanson Enfield tumbled with no heat. Lots of noise that annoyed SWMBO in addition to her displeasure in what I was doing to her dryer...She'd probably go for a few swings at the jacket if I was in it....
She is not the only woman married or attached to one of us here that wouldn't love a swing or two ;)

IXL

One Too Many
I just found a rubber mallet. I'm going to try it. Might be more dangerous than a bat though as the area of impact will be much smaller. Hmmm, should I?

I wouldn't. I believe that part of the reason the bat works is because it is rounded and will not "push" a sharp, flat edge into the leather. Not that one could shave with a rubber mallet, but the edge on most of mine seems too sharp for leather whacking.

I wouldn't. I believe that part of the reason the bat works is because it is rounded and will not "push" a sharp, flat edge into the leather. Not that one could shave with a rubber mallet, but the edge on most of mine seems too sharp for leather whacking.
Yeah, maybe not. OTOH, who knows. Maybe I'll beat on some of the largest samples I have first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy