Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

did schott raise prices?

AngryNJ

Familiar Face
I just checked and it looks like the prices are quite a bit higher since a week or 2 ago... Am I crazy? I also see a lot more slim fit options that are S M L, vs specific sizing.... I was going to order a slim fitted cafe racer since its Mich cheaper than aero, but need to rethink now.

AngryNJ

Familiar Face
Almost all makers have raised prices. Hides have gone up and there are people to pay...

Just appears like a big jump to me. Maybe I missed a couple jumps though. For example I have one of their b3 jackets and its now 1000 bucks on their site. I think I paid around 700 maybe 3 years ago...

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Right now many raw and finished materials are going up in price. Some say it is part of the inflation cycle that follows releasing large sums of cash into the system.

Apparently I am not in the 'system', as I don see them releasing cash into my pocket!!!

Yes, apparently, raw materials (here we are talking about leathers) are getting very expensive these days. I really don't understand how it works really. The other thing that I know is that, GBP is almost at an all time low against the USD, so anything US is going to be a luxury for us on the small island.

kyboots

Practically Family
Hey Justguns: It will take awhile for the USD to be at an all time high. I believe around 1984, before most of these folks were born, the GBP was equal to approximately $1.05 for a short period.It was a great time for us to travel. London rooms were $75 in major hotels. Doubt that will happen again, but I sure ran up the credit card from London through Ireland over three weeks. What a great time!---John

IXL

One Too Many
Just appears like a big jump to me. Maybe I missed a couple jumps though. For example I have one of their b3 jackets and its now 1000 bucks on their site. I think I paid around 700 maybe 3 years ago...

In one step it went from what you (and I) paid, to $1000.00 Kinda seems like we got a deal now, huh!!

AngryNJ

Familiar Face
In one step it went from what you (and I) paid, to $1000.00 Kinda seems like we got a deal now, huh!!

Too bad mine no longer fits.. the problem with getting in shape is baggy jackets..... It looks like maybe an aero b3 may now be cheaper than the schott, which seems suprising.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff