Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Difference Filson Shelter, Tin and Cover cloth?

sbhva

Familiar Face
Nigel said:
I've been following this thread with interest as I am considering adding some Filson products to my collection. I missed a Filson Double Mackinaw on eBayUK earlier this year[huh]. How did things go with Cranes Andy? I bookmarked their site as they looked good to deal with.

What size are you looking for? I have a lightly used Double Mackinaw cruiser that I have not worn in many years. I should really pass it on to a good home. I am willing to ship to the UK.

andy richards

Practically Family
Nigel said:
I've been following this thread with interest as I am considering adding some Filson products to my collection. I missed a Filson Double Mackinaw on eBayUK earlier this year[huh]. How did things go with Cranes Andy? I bookmarked their site as they looked good to deal with.

Hi Nigel,
I must say ordering with Crane's was smooth and easy. Very clear website and the items I want were on stock. Also at fair prices. Shipping was about $ 50 and that is not bad also considering weight and volume of the package. It should be here in 1 or 2 weeks...
Andy

Nigel

One of the Regulars
sbhva said:
What size are you looking for? I have a lightly used Double Mackinaw cruiser that I have not worn in many years. I should really pass it on to a good home. I am willing to ship to the UK.

In a Filson I would think a medium would be the best fit. My Carhartts are all medium and fit well. Thanks for your offer, I've sent you a PM for further details.

I must say ordering with Crane's was smooth and easy. Very clear website and the items I want were on stock. Also at fair prices. Shipping was about $ 50 and that is not bad also considering weight and volume of the package. It should be here in 1 or 2 weeks...
Thanks for the reply Andy, I have bookmarked them as the prices seem good and I can see quite a lot there that I could spend my hard earned pennies onlol

andy richards

Practically Family
Beside the clothing, Filson offeres also a wide range of bags. I own two Filson bags, and they are absolutely great. Can't wait to use my awaiting Filson field coat in the field :) .
Andy

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
andy richards said:
Beside the clothing, Filson offeres also a wide range of bags. I own two Filson bags, and they are absolutely great. Can't wait to use my awaiting Filson field coat in the field :) .
Andy

I'll second this opinion.
I have a Large Duffle and a Med Field Bag.
The Duffle has been used almost every day either for gym or mountain biking gear for like 5 years. Still looks almost new, and has gained "character" along the way.
The Field Bag doesn't get used that often, but I think it's the best looking most rugged messenger style bag out there.
Lenny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk