Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Disney Rejection Letter - 1938

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Well, it's still amazing that he said there were positions at all... considering that many companies still wouldn't even hire you if you were a woman, with the exception of a secretary or a stenographer. And with no real movement against sexual harassment I could see why it would be hard for a woman to be working there predominately with men. That, of course, is not excusing their response, but for the time I could see how it would be commonplace.

Dagwood

Practically Family
Lauren said:
Well, it's still amazing that he said there were positions at all... considering that many companies still wouldn't even hire you if you were a woman, with the exception of a secretary or a stenographer. And with no real movement against sexual harassment I could see why it would be hard for a woman to be working there predominately with men. That, of course, is not excusing their response, but for the time I could see how it would be commonplace.

Lauren - thanks for keeping this in perspective. It is often difficult to judge a different time by today's standards.

Tommy Katkins

New in Town
Dagwood said:
Lauren - thanks for keeping this in perspective. It is often difficult to judge a different time by today's standards.

yeah, Walt was also a big fan of A. Hitler's way of running things and a supporter of America First...I think its important that at some juncture that we judge the past by today's standards...

TK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner