Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you look like a past relative and get negative comments for it from family?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Not really "vintage", but my mom...

n624014163_1078114_1309.jpg

n624014163_131128_7294.jpg

And sometimes I look like great grandmom when I have on my glasses and no lipstick:

4374548222_3661575a30_o.jpg

Not the best pic, but they took pics so far away in those days!! lol

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I can get a hold of some pictures, I will post them.

My family has always said I look very much like my maternal grandfather when he was young. I'm just bigger, lol .

Bebop

Practically Family
I am the spittin' image of my father. Voice, mannerisms, height, weight, sense of humor. One thing I lack is the love of sports. He was a sportscaster and I can't stand sports whatsoever.
I also have a niece that is 24 and she looks exactly like a feminine version of me (poor girl!). Joking aside, she is very good looking and I only wish I was as good looking a man as she is a woman (I don't get how she can be so beautiful and I'm just so average). She looks more like me than she looks like any of her sisters, grandparents or parents.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You all tell me if there is any family resemblance. From left to right: James Madison Brown (my great, great grandfather) age 63 in 1880; Doctor Clayton Brown (my great grandfather) age 61 in 1904; William Franklin Brown (my grandfather) age 51 in 1928; WFB, Jr. (my Dad) age 64 in 1988; and WFB, III (me) age 55 in 2010.

We are all relatively close to the same ages in these pictures. I believe I can see some resemblances. I'm told by a lot of folks that I look like my Dad. Of course he was 6' - 6" and 320 and I'm 6' - 6" and 360, so there is some "size resemblance" going on there, too. :)

JMB_DCB_WFB_WFB2_WFB3.jpg

Gromulus

Practically Family
Here we are:

papaandjean2-1-1.jpg
IMG_9923.jpg

Not the best pictures for comparison, but it's the best I could do, since I rarely smile in pictures. I'm also about 20 years older than her in this picture and heavier.

Two generations and both very attractive!

rue

You all tell me if there is any family resemblance. From left to right: James Madison Brown (my great, great grandfather) age 63 in 1880; Doctor Clayton Brown (my great grandfather) age 61 in 1904; William Franklin Brown (my grandfather) age 51 in 1928; WFB, Jr. (my Dad) age 64 in 1988; and WFB, III (me) age 55 in 2010.

We are all relatively close to the same ages in these pictures. I believe I can see some resemblances. I'm told by a lot of folks that I look like my Dad. Of course he was 6' - 6" and 320 and I'm 6' - 6" and 360, so there is some "size resemblance" going on there, too. :)

JMB_DCB_WFB_WFB2_WFB3.jpg

That's insane! All of you look alike, but you have your great great grandfather's eyes though and the others don't :)

rue

I am the spittin' image of my father. Voice, mannerisms, height, weight, sense of humor. One thing I lack is the love of sports. He was a sportscaster and I can't stand sports whatsoever.
I also have a niece that is 24 and she looks exactly like a feminine version of me (poor girl!). Joking aside, she is very good looking and I only wish I was as good looking a man as she is a woman (I don't get how she can be so beautiful and I'm just so average). She looks more like me than she looks like any of her sisters, grandparents or parents.

hehehe.... I'm sure she's beautiful! I know people that resemble their fathers that are quite gorgeous :)

If I can get a hold of some pictures, I will post them.

Please do!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I agree! Even though your grandmother's picture is far away (that's so true! Why was that??) I can tell the women's genes in your family run strong and beautiful. Amazing!

tHANKS, Rue. I must concur that the ladies' genes in your family run beautiful, also.

Lenore

Practically Family
I don't look anything like her and we aren't related by blood, but my three year old brought me a picture from the early 40's of my mother's mother in her youth and promptly told me "Look Mommy! It's YOU!" Totally made my very bad day much better and felt this was the best thread in which to share that.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I'm adopted so I don't look like anyone but my personality similarities to my adoptive maternal grandmother gets on my mother's nerves! I actually feel sorry for my mother.

My family in-law often become confused when they're looking at baby and toddler pictures of my oldest sister in-law and my oldest son. They look so similar and in her old black and white pictures where you can't tell that she has light eyes and blonde hair, the similarity is particularly striking. My son has brown hair and eyes that looks lighter depending on season and lighting but his eyes and hair are getting lighter with age. However, I think both might get darker again in his teens and by then his features might be so masculine that people will stop telling him he looks like his aunt. He's 11 so he doesn't think it's complimentary to when people liken him to his 50+ y.o. aunt.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy