Do you wear a fedora while driving?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Il Cappello, May 8, 2021.

1. Il Cappello

Il Cappello New in Town

Flat caps are no problem, but I can't seem to get in or out of my car without knocking my hat off my head.

Do you wear yours while driving or do you take it off? If you take it off, where do you put it?

2. Mm25

Mm25 Practically Family

Even in my truck, a hat wants to hit the headrest. I usually drive alone and throw it in the passenger seat.

3. Snowman

Snowman One of the Regulars

Up to 2 1/2” brim, I wear in the truck/car. I can get away with my 2 3/4” Open Road for a short drive, but anything over that hits the headrest.

4. Il Cappello

Il Cappello New in Town

Thanks for the links, I searched "wear a hat in your car" but nothing appropriate was found. Guess I should have searched for truck or vehicle!

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  5. Mcox47

Mcox47 New in Town

I tend to wear short brims of 1 7/8" or 2" with no issues. Even when I had a convertible. Driving 95 mph (allegedly) for 15 miles or so home from work with the top down and my hat on was heaven.

6. Boomerang

Boomerang One of the Regulars

I actually do wear my hats while driving. I don't wear prescription sunglasses, so I use the hat brim for sunshade. I wear Akubra Camp Drafts and Bushman. I've always sat up very straight, with my upper back away from the seat back when I drive. In this position the brim might hit the headrest if I go over a sizable bump, but that's the only time - barring something catastrophic, of course. And I'm not a tall guy, so headroom isn't a problem.

7. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nope.....I suspect not having a fedora may have something to do with it.

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  8. Colt3840

Colt3840 New in Town

Yes, all the time it will either be a newsboy, pork pie, 2 1/2 inch brim Panama or fedora.

Boomerang likes this.
  9. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

When you drive a seventy-five year old car a head rest is not the only creature comfort that's lacking, but it does leave room for the hat.
    blazer and mg 001.JPG
    Come to think of it, that's an astute observation.

10. The Shoe

The Shoe Practically Family

Yes, on a short drive. I switch to my driving cap for longer trips.

Boomerang and Short Balding Guy like this.