Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor's Bag

mga1500

New in Town
How about an old fashioned doctor's bag as an all purpose carryall? I have one and it's been very useful for my phone, GPS and all the other odds and ends we accumulate in the modern era. It also seems to add a certain element of mystery to one's carriage.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
I use an old Atlas leather breifcase as a carryall. When I go out to auctions and antique hunting, I throw my laptop and all the necessary accoutrements in there along with a change of undershirts (some of the auctions can get hot) and a couple bottles of water. It carries everything nicely and looks great in the process!

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
HHISIII said:
I use an old Atlas leather breifcase as a carryall. When I go out to auctions and antique hunting, I throw my laptop and all the necessary accoutrements in there along with a change of undershirts (some of the auctions can get hot) and a couple bottles of water. It carries everything nicely and looks great in the process!

Yup, pics of both would be nice.

Bugsy

One Too Many
mga1500 said:
How about an old fashioned doctor's bag as an all purpose carryall? I have one and it's been very useful for my phone, GPS and all the other odds and ends we accumulate in the modern era. It also seems to add a certain element of mystery to one's carriage.

Where can you get one?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
If anyone's wondering, the correct term is "Gladstone bag". They were very common in the late 19th century and were frequently used by doctors to carry medicines and instruments, hence their alternate name.

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
Hiya-

I picked up a very nice original Gladstone bag at an antique store years ago for @$35, IIRC. It was in great shape, which not all of them are. I use mine as a "range" bag when I go shooting; holds ammo, earmuffs, logbook, etc.

It does make a great weekend bag, too. It gets a lot of looks and a few comments.

Chainsaw

Suspended
I love the doctors bag, and the AWOL bag, but is there anything in leather with a zippered pouch on the bottom of the bag for shoes? I have a very nice brown bag like this that I get compliments on, but the only problem is it's not leather. It might actually be a bowling bag, but it's one of the handiest items I have.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Chainsaw said:
is there anything in leather with a zippered pouch on the bottom of the bag for shoes?
Here you go.

detail_160_leather_duffel_bag_gym_bag_travel_bag_690_3t.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot