Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

documenting a jacket I just sold to japan...

mike

Call Me a Cab
DSCN0259.jpg

DSCN0265.jpg

DSCN0271.jpg

DSCN0270.jpg

DSCN0272.jpg

DSCN0275.jpg

DSCN0268.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

DSCN0264.jpg

DSCN0262.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
I don't have any information on it and there's no tags anywhere on it, but damn cool, huh!? :) Sad to sell it but it's just too small for me.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
I reckon that it's European.

It's certainly possible. What makes you think so specifically? Are there many examples of what typified a german cut of the era anywhere else throughout the world?

It -somewhat- reminds me of the imagery from FP1 Doesn't Answer featuring Conrad Veidt....
veidt.14.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Aside from all the obivous differences which I'm sure i don't need to point out here, it puts me in mind of something in a similar vein to the Indiana Jones jacket. Could also see it being worn in the same spirit as the one sported by Clooney in Leatherheads.

I do especially like the detail of the pocket flaps being cut so they can be worn in or out, just like a suit jacket.

SIGGY

A-List Customer
Jacket documentation

I'm probably wrong But I think I saw a old photo of some very early Air corps men wearing a similar button up flight jacket like this, one had a unit patch on it, but I don't recall if there were knit cuffs/wiast bands, it did look like this one though.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Siggy, over at Vintageleatherjackets forum, there's a massive archive of flight jacket photos, including some like the one you mention -- a kind of pre-A-1 jacket.

Just for info, Aero in Scotland make a jacket they call the "Stuart", which is similar in a way to the pre-A-1 flight jackets, and to the one in the OP, albeit without front pockets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart