Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have any Info on this B-3 jacket?

strokes1251

Practically Family
All I know about this brand is that the person who I believe started it died in a plane crash and production was stopped after he died. I have been wanting one of these since high school but aeros and schotts are wayyyyy outta my price range. Its a two tone jacket with only one pocket in the front. I have more pics but the cpu is lagging so this one will have to do for now. Thanks in advance for any help :)

2dj58v6.jpg

Corky

Practically Family
The label on the coat indicates...

The label on the coat indicates it is a horsehide A-2 made under Drawing No. 30-1415 A.C. CONTRACT No. W535ac28560 by the Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Company. The separate size 40 tag at the bottom of the label usually indicates that the label is a reproduction.

As you may have noticed, your A-2 label appears to be sewn on to a decent repro B-3 sheepskin jacket.

This should in no way interfere with your enjoyment of your jacket.

You might want to check out the contract numbers on a few links:

US Army Air Force Air Transport Command A-2

U.S. Army Air Corps A-2

Flight Jacket Encycropedia (their spelling, not mine)

Wear it in good health.

Last edited:

xt40

Familiar Face
The label on the coat indicates it is a horsehide A-2 made under Drawing No. 30-1415 A.C. CONTRACT No. W535ac28560 by the Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Company. The separate size 40 tag at the bottom of the label usually indicates that the label is a reproduction.

As you may have noticed, your A-2 label appears to be sewn on to a decent repro B-3 sheepskin jacket.

U.S. Army Air Corps A-2

Wear it in good health.

This jacket looks to be a good bit better that your average slash pocketed "civilian b3" rubbish that usually fits like a sack of spuds. it has the right pocket arrangement and the reinforced arms. The only thing that slightly lets it down are the belts which are stitched and eyeletted which is crazy(but common) as the originals were just simple cutouts from a thick strip of leather

strokes1251

Practically Family

U.S. Army Air Corps A-2

Wear it in good health.

thanks the Links help me out! I'm barley getting into these type of jackets so my info is a little narrow :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy