Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone here own an Optimo 1000?

DRB

One Too Many
What?! You don't have even one vintage hat? I am amazed. :eek:

ha ha, That is correct. Not a one. I do have 2 cavanagh edged hat bodies that have been sitting around since circa 1960's just waiting for someone to make them into a hat. Gary White is making them as we speak/read. One will be delivered next week. It is Dark Olive. I also have a Taupe cavanagh on order. So maybe that sort of, in a round about way, qualifies as having vintage hats? Also, I already have one brown cavanagh edged already built by Gary which also is built new from vintage felt.
Before:
hgghg.jpg

And after:
Nov232010BrownGaryWhiteBeaverCavanaghedge13-1.jpg

I like buying them this way. I can control/design for what I want. The felt is unused but the rest of the hats have new threading, sweatbands, windcords, and liners. The best part though is that I can actually meet and talk with the hatmaker. Kinda fun.

I am trying to get my collection to be as uniform as possible. City hats. All are 5" exactly (not 51/2") open crowned, 2 1/8" brim, 100% beaver or beaver/mink mix.
(I do have a VS dimensional brim that is 5 1/2" - don't tell anyone- I use it as my hiking/raining hat.)

I think I am having way too much fun with these hats! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL