Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Down Unda

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
I'm going to Australia this summer and would love to buy an Akubra Campdraft while there.
Anyone have any recommendations where to get one in either Brisbane or Melbourne?
Thanks in advance.

Selvaggio

One of the Regulars
I think City Hatters (right in the centre of Melbourne) might be able to help. Being open crown, I suspect that the Campdraft wouldn't sell in the volume of their pre-creased models, so it may pay to call ahead and make sure they have some in.

Oh...and by "summer" you mean winter of course;)

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
In Brisbane, pop in and see my friend Keith at Distinctive Accessories:
Shop 14, 1st Floor
Anzac Square Arcade
Cnr Adelaide & Edward Streets
Brisbane
Tel: (07) 3221 0104

It's also right in the middle of the city. I'd call ahead so he can order one in for you.

theinterchange

One Too Many
In the word of the immortal [[huh] ] Napoleon Dynamite...

"LUCKY."

I've wanted to go to Australia nearly my entire life. When I finally make it down under, you can rest assured I'm coming home with an Akubra bought in the flesh. ;)

Haven't a word of advice to add, just chiming in to say you lucky dog you.

Randy

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Sounds like a great experience, enjoy Australia, but coming back with a Campdraft sure is classy! I'd love to own one, one of these days. I'm torn between another Federation in moonstone grey, or that, a Campdraft in silverbelly for that Open Road style. On another note, if I ever do go to Australia, I will almost certainly be wearing whatever Akubra hats I happen to own! I might, like you, purchase one from one of their shops too.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Yeah

Why did they have to put Australia so far away?

I've wanted to go since I was a kid ,,,, even before I found out about campdrafts, squatters, and so fourth

It would be worth taking an extra bag just to bring back hats, man!;)

elvisroe

A-List Customer
The irony is that it's almost always cheaper to buy your hats online...at least when there's no international postage involved.:eusa_doh:

Hope you enjoy your stay. Shame to miss out on the Harbour City though...

Maybe next time
[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot