Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dracula

Rooster

Practically Family
My favorite is the 20's "Nosferatu". Great stuff. Of course I've always loved the Lagosi 1931 version too.
I was shocked to see the 3 Stooges in color a couple weekends ago. They were running an all day marathon and every episode was colorized. Puts a whole new spin on the Stooges. I've seen them all a million times, but in color they were like shows I'd never seen before. I prefer the original B&W but was glued to the TV watching the colorized versions. Who decides what color of suits were worn? Can they tell what colors were actually worn from looking at B&W film?
Mike in Iowa

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
My favorite is Nosferatu, which is still a bit scary. I once was scared of the 1931 Dracula, but find it a bit campy now. Probably Nosferatu is scary because he's so ugly.

Ever since reading the Anne Rice novels, I find vampires no longer scare me. I also like the stage play, saw a good production when I was in junior high school, also was in Dracula in the Plattsburgh Summer Theatre in 1969. I played the maid.

I did find parts of the earlier Salem's Lot scary, but that is another vampire story competely.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW