Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressing for the Holiday / Christmas party season

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We just got the photos back from my husband's holiday party (held mid-January), and I'm pleased at how conservative my outfit turned out (black sparkly shirt, black pants/shoes). Apparently I didn't get the memo that the theme of the party was Hoochie Prom so I was definitely in the minority with my outfit. :rolleyes:

JM_party1.jpg

Not bad for 35 weeks pregnant. :D

(And his tie has polar bears all over it. I wonder how I can "lose" it before next year's party....)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Babydoll said:
We just got the photos back from my husband's holiday party (held mid-January), and I'm pleased at how conservative my outfit turned out (black sparkly shirt, black pants/shoes). Apparently I didn't get the memo that the theme of the party was Hoochie Prom so I was definitely in the minority with my outfit. :rolleyes:

Not bad for 35 weeks pregnant. :D

(And his tie has polar bears all over it. I wonder how I can "lose" it before next year's party....)

Awwww...lovely "family" portrait. Hoochy Prom, huh? So sorry I missed that party...not. lol I'm glad you wore the sparkles because I think you looked great! As for the tie, I dunno. [huh] I'm a single gal, so unphased by kitchy ties. Do you guys enjoy curry spiced foods? That'll leave a wicked stain! ;)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I wish!! He's a Texas boy, so no curry for him. Possibly habanero hot sauce?;)

Or I'll just have to find a tie that I like before then - no novelty ties!! Maybe if it's a gift from his baby daughter he'd wear it?

And yes, serious hoochie. I can't even count how many fashion faux pas I saw. Everything from seeing lacy undergarments, to cottage cheese thighs, to one gal that I swear was wearing an angel costume bought from Fredrick's of Hollywood... complete with tattooed wings on her back and platform heels that would have made any exotic dancer jealous.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
...now if I'd had my red velvet jacket this Xmas, this would have been a winning outfit ;) I guess I know what I can wear next year! lol

4303844997_a6947d223f.jpg

4303844967_41fed4e446.jpg

4303845017_667bfb4a95.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy