Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressing for the Holiday / Christmas party season

Lenore

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
91830dab1864.jpg

No special event. This is just what I wore t owork today.

Adorable, as per usual. ;)

LaMedicine said:
09ManuelaChristmas1W.jpg
09MomVinHomongi2BackW.jpg

In my mother's kimono (dates back to late '30s-preWWII 40s) and an obi (sash) from my aunt, with a friend at the Christmas party of a swank jazz club in Tokyo.
Stunning!!!

I didn't get any pics of me in my dress.:( We got some snow and just had to go out in it so all plans went out the window.
I wore the black dress, rolled my bangs and curled the length. The sweater clips didn't fit over the bows on the shoes but I wore a sparkling bracelet, earrings and ring to make up for it.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Thank you ladies.
I forgot to say, the motif of the kimono is not print, it's woven in, like tapestry, and is technically called Nuitori Omeshi, Nuitori meaning "like embroidery" and Omeshi is a kind of crepe where the twist of the woof is stronger than regular kimono crepe.
09MomVinHomongi2DetailW.jpg

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
This is what I wore for Christmas. I picked it up at a local shop and I knew it would be perfect. It's also nice to find a dress with sleeves :)

4215357620_8580ba353a.jpg

1*Cool*Kitten

One of the Regulars
OH INKY!!!!

:eek:fftopic: QUESTION (PM ME):

How did you acheive that georgious platinum hair!I've been working on mine for ever to get it from Reddest mahagony red to platinum!
short of cutting it all off I'm so impressed you have got to PM me with details!!!
& what have you found with working with the platinum!?

~~Sorry ladies! I've not had the chance to see other gals pictures so I'm curious!

S'fice to say we don't "DO" much out here in the desert!:( there are no swing parties to attend or dances or cocktail parties or any of that "normal" stuff:( so I'm REALLY (did i fail to mention R E A L L Y) looking forward to going home to Orlando:eusa_clap where at least I can get to where I need to go without concern that "the pass might close & I'll be stuck on it for hours trying to get back UP THE HILL":rolleyes: .............oh you have no ideas ladies!no idea!:rage:

LaMedicine said:
Thank you ladies.
I forgot to say, the motif of the kimono is not print, it's woven in, like tapestry, and is technically called Nutirori Omeshi, Nuitori meaning "like embroidery" and Omeshi is a kind of crepe where the twist of the woof is stronger than regular kimono crepe.

So incredibly beautiful LaMedicine - I really enjoy seeing all of your kimono and obi, and all the knowledge you share about them. Arigato :)

1*Cool*Kitten

One of the Regulars
Who's this??

goldwyn girl said:
Inky, I love your outfit !
Thank you all for the complements on my dress. I ended up with only one photo during the party..............
13342_214332267302_621137302_357676.jpg
The blonde in this picture was the lady (haha "DAME") I was reffering to in my post! that hair is the color I've been trying for for 4 months! good grief!

Foofoogal

Banned
Well LaMedicine. I don't think you could get any swankier than that. Fabulous.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Love everyones outfits.

IMG_5289.jpg

Not the best photo but my dress was a sheer black with beige underlay modern and the cardigan is beaded all over with sequins and seed beads and vintage. One of my collection.

Tallulah

New in Town
C-dot said:
Me too! Red is my favourite colour anyway, and Christmas my favourite season. I have a red cashmere sweater dripping with sequins, and a silk-wool sweater with a fluffy red collar. I like to do my makeup in frosty tones, too :)

This year I suppose I'll wear my slinky $15.00 satin number:

CAFTCADPurchases004.jpg

Probably with black stockings, definitely with a white wool bolero. Brr.

WOW. wow. wow.

You look amazing in that dress! Great color, great cut and length.

epr25

Practically Family
I should have taken a photo of each day. But here is one of my holiday outfits just for work. The skirt has little log cabins with pine trees, the other skirts wer also some that I wore for the holidays. I am soooo lucky that my place of work tolerates all my clothes!

me.jpg
[/IMG]
skirt1.jpg
[/IMG]
skirt2.jpg
[/IMG]

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Its stunning
LaMedicine said:
Thank you ladies.
I forgot to say, the motif of the kimono is not print, it's woven in, like tapestry, and is technically called Nuitori Omeshi, Nuitori meaning "like embroidery" and Omeshi is a kind of crepe where the twist of the woof is stronger than regular kimono crepe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy