Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dry cleaning hair?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone have a suggestion for cleaning hair without water? My mother is in the hospital and cannot wash her hair. Thanks!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Paisley said:
Does anyone have a suggestion for cleaning hair without water? My mother is in the hospital and cannot wash her hair. Thanks!
I've heard of using baby powder or cornstarch and there are dry shampoos that I think do essentially the same thing.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
There are dry hair cleaners available at many drug stores and certainly at Sally Beauty. We used to use it on my grandmother before she passed away, and having us clean and do her hair was a great pleasure to her.

I use cornstarch when I have greasies and no time for a shower. Just rub it in and brush out with a natural bristle brush. I think a dry cleaner would probably work better though.

Best of luck to your mother!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
This is what I see all the time in drugstores:
200x200-JessicaSimpson_Psssssst_DryShampoo.jpg

How effective it is, I don't know, sorry. :(

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all the suggestions. I saw some spray-in cleaners on the Sephora website--I think those would be easiest for my mother to use. For some reason, I've never seen these at the beauty supply store I shop at, but then, I never looked for them.

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
There is a very good shampoo and conditioner called appropriately enough, "No Rinse". The shampoo lathers like a regular shampoo, but uses absolutely no water, just towel dry. The conditioner is very good too. The bottle says they are used by NASA.

I buy them for my mother who is in a nursing home. But I bought myself a bottle of each too, and in a pinch, especially after swimming in the summer, they are great!

www.norinse.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo