Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dying leather jacket thread

joezam713

One of the Regulars
Gentlemen,
I am interested in a black leather jacket from Joe Mccoys/Real Mccoys; however, it has white contrasting thread, which I'd like to dye black. Is this possible? Does anyone know of a leather shop that can do this?

thank you

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
A fabric marker may or may not work over poly cotton threads. Angelus acrylic dye can go over it and stays well. But unless you get the Mccoys jacket for very little money I would suggest against it and just look for another jacket.

I recently got a zip deck jacket with the navy logos painted on. I alcohol cleaned it then fabric markered it. It was a lot of work that I didn't expect. I should have continued to look for one without the painted letters...

IMG_0654.JPG

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That looks like dual color knits. Very normal. I have tricolor ones on my Rainbow Country, and I might have the dual color ones on one of my flight jackets too. I prefer these fancier knits.

If you need replacement knits there are made in USA tri color and dual color knits too. I've seen them on Norshor jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner