Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman A-1 size 48: 2 Weeks In

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Handymike: that's one good looking jacket you've posted!!!! If mine gets to look half as good I'll be delighted. Enjoying a nice light-weight leather that I can wear out in the warmer weather, the A-1 is a bit different to what I usually wear & has attracted positive attention from others. Here it is reclining on the patio today :)

Attachments

• IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 323

Big J

Call Me a Cab

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
great development in 2 weeks time :), I might try your method wetting the inside, as my 2 weeks old jacket develops no serious creases yet despite daily wearing, driving, riding, in it

what is this capeskin, in Mark's jacket it looks very textured but in yours it looks smooth? is it really from the same animal, or is it more about the tanning process? the origin of the name is very vague too, as it doesn't mention the name of the animal.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Thanks Scott, thought it was probably that one. I had three (used) jackets from that batch of US domestic cape. Getting them confused :eek:

I think I have one of your old ones, one with just one button for the neck and buttons instead of snaps at the waist. I will not let that go. I just wish you hadn't shortened the sleeves, they work fine now, but with slightly longer ones, it would be absolutely perfect :).

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
That is my BK custom made - I didn't have them shortened (I'm shorter in the arm, especially when reaching in my pocket for my wallet at the bar... ;) )

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Calling Worf!!!!
Let's see what it looks like now....please :)

That jacket is my "go to" in cool to warmish weather when wearing brown. I love it, it looks like none other on this planet and thank Butte and all the other owners for ceding this treasure to me. That being said, it is fragile. I've two small abrasions on the top left corner that occurred when I pried the jacket FROM THE MOUTH OF A DEAR FRIENDS DOG!!!!!!!

Only my love of the owner and dogs in general kept me from committing acts I'd dearly regret. When my son comes home I'll try and take some current pics. Can't now as the sky has opened up. A real Baptist gully-washer.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21