Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Roadstar... What Lousy Timing

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
I spoke to Gary about this 'dormant' design ealier in the year when they were placing their stock at American Classics, it had been a jacket that clearly would have sold best in Japan and had done so previously, they weren't that sure it would have sold that well here to keep in 'catalogue' throughout. I can see that with the access to the new horsehide it was worth resurecting a decade on. From what I've seen on eBay and the like you would have to be pretty lucky to find an original Buco from that period (40/50's) in a good size and still wearable for this price.

Edward

Bartender
Since this thread, I've heard nothing more about the fine-looking Roadstar, though it remains in the ELC catalogue. Did anyone ever see one in the wild? I've hunted around the Googles, and I can find not a single review from the UK, though clearly they have been popular in Japan...

Edward

Bartender
Well, I have recently tried to gather some information about this jacket in this not-so-old thread : http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?69783-Eastman-Roadmaster&highlight=roadmaster

But no much success as you can see...

Anyway I pulled the trigger already, for a brown Roadmaster, and I should receive the baby in 4/6 weeks.

I will keep you posted !

Jinkies, I missed that one. Thanks, yes - I'll be interested to see your experience. I've just bought one on eBay recently. Cracking jacket. Tighter than my 30s halfbelt in the waist, but I'm working on losing some weight anyhow, so... Interestingly, mine has a quilted nylon lining rather than the tartan, so I'm wondering (given ELC don't go in or the customisation route) whether mine is one of the original run of these they did way back. It needs a good run over with Pecards. Mine also has the pillion passenger handwarmer pockets at the back - can't tell if the new version does. (Aero has these on the King of the road model). Eventually I would also like to have an Aero J106 as well (likely in Steer rather than FQHH, if the price difference remains), but this just happened along on eBay, so...

siddhartha

Familiar Face
Nice - I'll look out for that. I'll have to get photos done of mine too.

(BTW... have we crossed paths on another board before or have I just spotted a similar name elsewhere? Very familiar... can't place it).

Hi Edward,

We may well have-I am on VLJ, as well as a few watch forums...

I was hoping to post my review of the Roadstar once I receive an Aero/Insurrection J106, and do a little comparison, but if there is enough interest, I can post the Roadstar review in advance.

Best,

Chris

majormajor

One Too Many
Hi Edward,

We may well have-I am on VLJ, as well as a few watch forums...

I was hoping to post my review of the Roadstar once I receive an Aero/Insurrection J106, and do a little comparison, but if there is enough interest, I can post the Roadstar review in advance.

Best,

Chris

Hi Chris

Not enough Eastman reviews on here.

So review away!!:D;)

siddhartha

Familiar Face
Gentlemen,
I believe at this point, I am best off posting my reviews, etc., on VLJ for now. I'll be posting the ELC review early next week

Best,

Chris

Feraud

Bartender
Looks like TCWU is following you around from forum to forum,Chris. Making it kinda personal.
Doubt if he lasts long here since it is so ridiculous.
HD
Agreed.

Gentlemen,
I believe at this point, I am best off posting my reviews, etc., on VLJ for now. I'll be posting the ELC review early next week

Best,

Chris
Siddharta, please feel free to post reviews to your heart's content. We will not allow anyone to troll or otherwise stir up trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner