Eastman Rough wear 27752

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Bfd70, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

I just received this jacket. I’ve had a thing for A2’s for a while. I picked up a nice LW here a while back for a great deal but unfortunately a moment of jacket ADD struck and i moved it on. Two things have kept me from jumping into the deep end of the A2 pool:
    1. It basically has no useable pockets.
    2. It’s hard to get the fit right. Yes, I realize during the war you got what they gave you and made it work, but I’m a soccer dad not an airman. I really think when an A2 fits right it’s great but when the fit is off it can really be awful.

I was pretty determined to go with an Eastman. I’ve never owned one and wanted to check them out with my next purchase. Also, as I have mentioned before, I really prefer to go OTR whenever possible. This may be particularly important with A2s as there are so many contracts all of which fit differently. I really don’t like the idea of spec, pay, wait, sell because the fit is wrong (the is particularly hard for us few 36’s. If i were in the 42-44 club It would be easier to move on). I originally purchased a 50 cal. I like the 50 cal treatment and really like the contrasting knits. Unfortunately the numbers were a little of for me. I would have needed to order a long. Lead time on that due to supply chain issues was sept-nov. if it arrived in Nov I wouldn’t be able to wear it until April of 22. Patience is at the top of a long list of virtues I lack. I purchased through hpa and it was a great experience. The proprietor promptly answered emails and offered guidance. I strongly recommend looking at them.
    The Jacket. I won’t discuss anything about accuracy as first I’m far from an expert and second that information is readily available currently. The stitching seems very good. I’m not obsessive about this. The rough wear hide is super. Deep and rich with a lovely grain. The smell is....well, someone should figure out how to make it into a candle or cologne.

15C8B600-8292-413A-BE46-B3E88362D139.jpeg 7805A0A7-B704-49E9-9625-B7E7BC06A292.jpeg E2ECDF34-985A-4B72-B828-F494A1BC8A7E.jpeg F9D86209-C27A-4AE4-AB71-D25C373DE4C7.jpeg DF096582-76D2-4BE5-922A-F4B1EEA09521.jpeg

2. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

Very nice jacket, and fits great! How’s the Eastmans packaging? Do they still come with those fancy papers and extras?

3. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Mine was purchased in the US from History Preservation Associated. It was very nicely packaged with a dustcover.

ES335, Canuck Panda and Psant25 like this.
  4. Tom71

Tom71 One Too Many

Great jacket! Suits you to a T. Big fan of the Eastman A-2‘s myself!

Frank Castle and Bfd70 like this.
  5. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Eastman’s A-2 are the best IMO (I have/had a few) and the fit in yours is just how I prefer an A-2 to fit.
    You’ve done very well, congrats.

Bfd70 likes this.
  6. kojax

kojax Practically Family

what size is your jacket

7. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

great slim fit, looks perfect worn open for this kind of jacket with knit waist on slim person. congrats!

Bfd70 likes this.
  8. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

9. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Very nice Bfd!
    I own two Eastman jackets (a G-1 and a B-6) and I am a big fan of their work. Your jacket fits just how I would want mine to, trim but with enough room to move around.

seres and bn1966 like this.
  10. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Beautiful jacket .. Does it feel tight in the chest area ? The pics when zipped appears like it’s pulling a lot in the front.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  11. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Thanks, your B6 photo was a motivator in choosing the brand.

El Marro likes this.
  12. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

I’d say it approachS being model fit. Comfortable to stand around in but would definitely need to go up a size if i were in a cockpit. No way i can fit a sweatshirt underneath, but thats sort of how i want this one. I pretty much intend it for over t-shirt or button down only. Interestingly the arms in this model are pretty slim. If my forearms were any bigger (and they are not big) I’d need to size up.

TREEMAN and Marc mndt like this.
  13. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Looks really nice!.. Eastman make great stuff.

Bfd70 likes this.
  14. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Congratulations!

Bfd70 likes this.
  15. Corky Corcovado

Corky Corcovado Practically Family

I fell in love with the Rough Wear contract after watching HBO's Band of Brothers. I think they were Real McCoy's repros?

16. Corky Corcovado

Corky Corcovado Practically Family

577e5be988e4a7f4328b62fa.jpeg

ES335 and casterfield like this.
  17. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Right? The look great there and in the new Catch 22.

18. jeo

jeo Practically Family

Fit looks great! Congrats!

Bfd70 likes this.
  19. ES335

ES335 Familiar Face

Lovely score, bfd! I love my Eastman Ostmann.

20. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

What a great series! David Schwimmer was perfect in that role, he absolutely made you hate him.

ES335 likes this.